Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV Info

Whos exited for this

yes 46 53.49%

No 21 24.42%

Fully depends on further info 19 22.09%

Total:86

Ugh FFXII was pretty weak.

Around the Network

Interesting,.. They have said nothing about the story or characters, an open world game like FF12 will not suffice alone. And there is a problem with a difficulty level that is too high.

The story has to be much better than FF12. Which personally I feel they cant do.

FF12 was a metaphor for the events of Hiroshima and Nagasaki; simply put, they are never going to get another chance to make that work. They made too many mistakes and the metaphor was lost on the fans, the game ended up being disappointing in the storytelling department.

However I have faith Minagawa and Ito will deliever. They have never let the fans down before.

And that body parts thing sounds very good. It seems to follow on the tactical nature of Vagrant Story and FF12.

Sales wise. Either Wada is dreaming, or this game is the game we've been waiting for. Wada also though FF13 would sell 10 mil, but Sykrim. I feel that this sales figure is not achievable unless the game is actully that good.

The sad thing is that this will probably get released before Versus 13.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

BasilZero said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
I'm excited. But current gen? They definitely won't outsell FFVII, especially on current gen.

Besides, vXIII and XIII-3 (whyyy?) need to release this gen.

XIII-3? What.

XIII-3 can wait imo....XD.

vXIII being one example should come out before even the thought of a XV.

I also agree with you, no way in hell is FFXV gonna outsell FFVII, especially the recent trend this generation where people hate on the latest FF game.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I want XIII-3. But after XIII-2's ending either it's coming or it was simply the most bullshit ending in the history of gaming, lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if SE changed their minds aftre seeing XIII-2 sales. Which would leave us with the BS ending forever.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

BasilZero said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
I'm excited. But current gen? They definitely won't outsell FFVII, especially on current gen.

Besides, vXIII and XIII-3 (whyyy?) need to release this gen.

XIII-3? What.

XIII-3 can wait imo....XD.

vXIII being one example should come out before even the thought of a XV.

I also agree with you, no way in hell is FFXV gonna outsell FFVII, especially the recent trend this generation where people hate on the latest FF game.

The people making FF13-3 (allegedly) are not the same people making FF15. They are two completely different teams, the deveopment of one game wont affect the development of another game

Wada is either dreaming if he thinks FF15 will outsell FF7, or the game their making is actully that good. FF12 couldve been a masterpeice. Its possible that Wada has allowed the team full control on the development in order to achieve the vision orginally set out with FF12.

Lastly, sales wise, its possible for an FF to sell 10 mil copies. The PS3 and 360 userbase is over 100 mil, including an obvious launch on the Wii U console. Thats three potentially huge userbases for this game to capitalise on. The userbase for FF7 was smaller and restricted to one console.

However, as Wada has said himself, the FF brand has been greatly damaged, therefore, this game must be very special indeed if he wishes to reach the levels of Skyrim. Either that or this is all indeed just an Altap Rumour.

Edit: @Troll Wisperer. Have you thought about why theres an F13-2, and alleged now FF13-3. It seems to me, Wada dosent want another mainline FF (after FF15) until the next gen of consoles. Thus, he keeps commissing sequels to FF13. I'm not commenting on why that is, but it seems to me that is the case.

Around the Network

I am

Excited

This is the first time I've been legitimately excited to hear more about a Final Fantasy game in almost a decade.

Ito directed the three best Final Fantasies, and XII had my favorite combat system

This makes me... hungry

Sounds good if true, except the part of current gen platforms, but knowing SE, they probably can't deliver it in time.

I get the feeling they are trying to step up their game, literally in this case, which is awesome, and exactly what FF and JRPGs need in general.

BasilZero said:

Its true that there's major potential of selling the game in multiple copies with 3 systems, but I cant see it being good enough to outshine FFVII despite the advantages it may have. Alot of people were moved away due to FFXII's gameplay scheme being radically different from the traditional FF game (me personally, loved it).

Regardless, I hope the game is successful , now it all comes down to which version I should get when it does come out xD!

Well, if indeed the people who worked on Tactics Ogre are working on this game, then i have faith it will deliver. The thing is telling an intense story in an open world game. The story of FF12 was very good, but it was not as tighly packed together like the previous FFs.

This game will deliever on a gameplay level, but it really needs to deliver on a storytelling level as well. Since that is the whole point of an FF game. So I just hope they can pull it off.

I don't believe this rumor at all.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

• Yoichi Wada (president of Square Enix) wants the game to have a world scale and volume of content that surpasses The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

If the above is true this game will never be released.

Signature goes here!