By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales! Week 28-July 09- July 15: Famitsu

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sony promise to ship 12 million units this FY between the Vita and PSP?

Around the Network
smbu2000 said:
sperrico87 said:
3DS hardware/software sales in Japan the week ending July 28th are going to be redonkulous. The trifecta of NSMB2/ Brain Age 3/ 3DS XL is going to be insane.

It will be the week ending July 29th, I believe. The 28th is when they release (on a Saturday.)

July 29th is a Sunday.  Weeks end on Saturday.  So it would either be the week ending the July 28th or August 4th.

noname2200 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sony promise to ship 12 million units this FY between the Vita and PSP?

It was actually originally 10 million Vitas and 6 million PSPs.

I don't know if that number changed.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/06/06/ps-vita-2012-sales-target-10m/

Even though 10 million is hard to get for Vita, 6 million PSPs is even worse, imo.

VicViper said:
noname2200 said:

It was actually originally 10 million Vitas and 6 million PSPs.

I don't know if that number changed.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/06/06/ps-vita-2012-sales-target-10m/

Even though 10 million is hard to get for Vita, 6 million PSPs is even worse, imo.

That number sounds about right, although the reports I read had them combined. Thanks! This is certainly not encouraging news for Sony, so unless they're bracing for a sales explosion at the tale end of the fiscal year I can't believe that this is really in line with their expectations.

noname2200 said:

http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/06/sonys-goal-is-to-sell-10-million-vitas-by-march-2013/

March 2013. I believe they said the full year that it is out in the entire world.

Around the Network

3DS dropped below 50% and it's game sell less than Vita version. That's troubling for Nintendo.

Troubling times indeed. but at least Doom for the 3DS is looking better than Vita's Doom

And 3DS will always have the better Gloom too

sperrico87 said:
smbu2000 said:
sperrico87 said:
3DS hardware/software sales in Japan the week ending July 28th are going to be redonkulous. The trifecta of NSMB2/ Brain Age 3/ 3DS XL is going to be insane.

It will be the week ending July 29th, I believe. The 28th is when they release (on a Saturday.)

July 29th is a Sunday.  Weeks end on Saturday.  So it would either be the week ending the July 28th or August 4th.

For Japanese sales the week ends on a Sunday. Look at the title of this thread, July 15th which is a Sunday. Next week's thread will be through July 22nd which is a Sunday. The following week, which includes the saturday 28th launch of XL/nsmb2/ba3, will end on the 29th which is also a Sunday.

VGC follows the same pattern as well. For example, western sales are through July 7th(Sat.), but if you click on the Japan sales link it is through July 8th(Sun.)

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41098/Japan/

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

kowenicki said:

Sorry, I'm late aren't I?

All dull, except for Vita, which powers ahead of its older brother.

You're throwing off the kowen data, stop it!

The "How does it feel to have a boner" thread has more traffic than the newest sales thread. Thats kinda sad.

Anybody care to predict how the LL will fare alongside NSMB2? I think 3DS+LL could go as high as 200k and the trinity could get a decent boost, too. I have no idea how well 2D marios sell first week, only that they have incredible legs. Is 600k for 2 days (saturday and sunday) too pessimistic?

Also I was wondering about holiday in Japan. I think the 3DS will dominate the PSV IN JAPAN because I dont think Vitas holiday line up is that good for the japanese audience. But could it be that the Wii U will be another casualty in 3DS's wake? I don't see anything appealing for japanese people outside of Nintendos own games and the 3DS line up is so strong that maybe a lot of people hold off on the Wii U to buy more 3DS games.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.