By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - 7 Franchises That need to Die

I've always like Luigi more.

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

Around the Network
shio said:
I agree with most except Tomb Raider and Spyro. Tomb Raider has always been a good series, not as popular as before but it still is pretty good, and Lara Croft is an icon now. As for Spyro, it has loads of potential! Spyro just needs 1 awesome game and it could become a great franchise.

It was a great franchise, until Insomniac stopped making them. now some crappy devs overuse it.. (same with crash bandicoot)

The more I read the comments about Mario, the less I agree with them.

Nintendo made two Pikmin games for the GC, two Star Fox games, two Zelda games, etc., and only one Mario platformer (if you could even call Sunshine that).

Now there were four Mario Party games, numerous Mario sports games, etc. But Mario Golf and Tennis were really just We Love Golf and Tennis with those characters.

I will be honest, I buy almost every Mario game out there. I even have Mario the Early Years Letters and Numbers on the SNES (for my 5-year old). But for the most part, I get them because they are good games and because I know what I am getting.

Most of the franchises listed don't sell. Mario sells. Even Mario Party which peaked no later than 5 (and is on 8).

You can't argue with success.

It was a writer too hard to seem cool.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

weezy said:
That guy has to either work for Sony or is friends with someoone at Sony ie lets say JAFFE!!

Jaffe you pos!

so.... anyone who thinks that nintendo should limit their OVER-use of mario is being paid by sony... sometimes i wonder why i joined this site. i don't fit in with the anti-sony people

EHSTEVE said:
shio said:
I agree with most except Tomb Raider and Spyro. Tomb Raider has always been a good series, not as popular as before but it still is pretty good, and Lara Croft is an icon now. As for Spyro, it has loads of potential! Spyro just needs 1 awesome game and it could become a great franchise.

It was a great franchise, until Insomniac stopped making them. now some crappy devs overuse it.. (same with crash bandicoot)

Yeah,  remember those days... good 'ol PSOne...

"Seven video game franchises that keep getting better

-- Burnout

-- Call of Duty YEAH!!

-- Grand Theft Auto

-- Guitar Hero

-- Half Life

-- Ratchet & Clank MORE YEAH!!!!

-- Resident Evil"

Around the Network
TurboSvans said:
Sherlock99 said:
metal gear

final fantasy

Seriously, why should they kill the FF-franchise? Almost every FF game ever released has sold huge and gotten great scores. Final Fantasy doesnt even use the same characters game after game, why kill a franchise that holds a very high standard with every new release and is one of the most loved games every made?

maybe but Final Fantasy jumped the shark pretty bad if you play the old and new games you'll see what I mean..

i agree, on the mario thing, super mario galaxy is a great game, but for example mario party didnt have the quality of SMG, and still sold millions, just because it has mario in the game, thats good for nintendo because it is for sure that it will sell good, but not as good for the customer.

Nintendo needs to create more characters with new adventures, to target a bigger audience and stop being seen as a childish video game developer.

Auron said:
Hated SMG but Mario should stick around. Maybe he shouldn't be whored out as much. Now replace Mario with Halo!!!!

if i understand that right... you're the first person i've seen on this site to say they hated smg.