By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PlayStation All-Stars’ Developers Want Super Mario To Join Sony’s Brawler

JWeinCom said:

Yeah, the mixed stages are a great idea.  But that's the problem with a game like this. The gameplay looks bland because you've seen it before 100 times. 

If you're going to copy, or ummm borrow extensively, from another game, it's not enough to be "as good".  You have to be MUCH better.  You have to improve upon the formula so much that even people who have played the other game (which is a lot of people) stand up and take notice. I don't think the problem is that the game is bland or slow.  The problem is that why should anyone who isn't in love with these characters really care about this release?

exactly... you aren't suppoed to... the devs themselves said this is a game for fans of these characters by fans of these characters...

i personally don't find nintendo characters to be very interesting, but i played smash a lot growing up because i liked the gameplay

now theres a game coming out that has characters i'm more interested in with similar gameplay which is a win in my book

Around the Network
lilbroex said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
lilbroex said:
BasilZero said:
lilbroex said:
Lets us all not forget that when e3 was going on, they had nothing but Smash Brothers tags listed under there YouTube video at first. Does anyone still have the photos from before they changed it?

Those tags were placed to troll people, apparently it worked lmao. I'm glad they did that, it was so funny seeing so many people rage about it.

I'm pretty sure whoever did the tags must of gotten disciplined but man it was hilarious xD.

Nobody was raging about it on Nintendo's end. Everyone was laughing about it.

It pretty much confirmed everything that people on the original Smash Brothers side had been saying and destroyed everything that people on Sony's side were saying in defense of the game.

wat? So a few tags did all that for you eh? How nice

Seriously I'm glad to see people like Basil still around. Some of you need to get over the butt hurt

and lol at nobody was raging bit

Well perhaps some were then. I was too busy laughing to notice.

some? LOL dude..so many were butthurt..still are. It's not hard to see if you check out videos, threads at the reveal....some were asking ninty to sue sony and they weren't even joking..that's how pathetic the situation was and to a certain extent is. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Chandler said:
lilbroex said:
Lets us all not forget that when e3 was going on, they had nothing but Smash Brothers tags listed under there YouTube video at first. Does anyone still have the photos from before they changed it?

Yep, now all they have to do is add Wii Mote S...I mean Move support. lol

Lol, funny shit xD

A PlayStation game at the top of the Nintendo thread here on VGChartz.

Interesting how when Nintendo fans have no games to play, they talk about the games Sony is getting. Nintendo has a Smash Bros game coming out. Actually two. You would think Nintendo fans would talk about that.

Not Sony's PlayStation All-Stars.

Around the Network
Tridrakious said:

Interesting how when Nintendo fans have no games to play, they talk about the games Sony is getting. Nintendo has a Smash Bros game coming out. Actually two. You would think Nintendo fans would talk about that.

LOL! So many fallacies in one post. Good try though.

lilbroex said:
Tridrakious said:

Can you be constructive and point out those fallacies, please?

I do think it's weird that people are on a Search & Destroy mission in regards to the word-of-mouth about this game.  I'm very excited for this game to come out, cause as someone already said, I love the Smash Bros gameplay style, but I only care about a couple of characters that Nintendo puts into those games.  With this game, I'm already caring about a little over half of the characters that have been revealed.

Just as regular fighting games can be very similar to each other, so can "smash" genre games.  I don't see what the big deal is.  Do the CoD players complain about Battlefield being too similar?

mizzou_guy said:
lilbroex said:
Tridrakious said:

I do think it's weird that people are on a Search & Destroy mission in regards to the word-of-mouth about this game.  I'm very excited for this game to come out, cause as someone already said, I love the Smash Bros gameplay style, but I only care about a couple of characters that Nintendo puts into those games.  With this game, I'm already caring about a little over half of the characters that have been revealed.

Just as regular fighting games can be very similar to each other, so can "smash" genre games.  I don't see what the big deal is.  Do the CoD players complain about Battlefield being too similar?

First off, Awesome avatar you have. I hope he gets another chance to have a PlayStation show.

Next, I have no idea. However this is just drawing more attention to the game. No such thing as negative publicity. I'm pumped for the game and it's interesting that I'm talking to people about it on the Nintendo forums. Seems like this should be in the PlayStation section, but oh well.

I don't speak fallacy either, I speak American.

mizzou_guy said:
lilbroex said:
Tridrakious said:

Making a claim that Nintnedo fans have no games to play when the forum stays continuously active with discussion of current and future games. Making this being the top thread in the forum at the moment into something other than the fact that whatever got the last post in it is the top thread (it was actually Sony fans who came here to defend the game that are keeping it in the top(IRONYYYYY)).

Stating that people here are talking about the "games Sony is getting" when not only are we talking about only one game, but also only as far as their ripping off Nintendo's games as well as this admission of them wanting a Nintendo character is concerned.

Claiming that the people in this section are not talking about 3DS adn Wii U Smash Bros while I'm tired of reading about them, as well as not noticing that in doing so he ackownledged that Sony All-Stars is in fact a rip off of Smash Brothers.

JWeinCom said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
'LMAO. I guess that just ripping off every aspect of the game isn't enough. They want the actual characters too'

hardly, Brawlers arnt owned by Nintendo or even started with them.

Brawlers weren't started by Nintendo, but Superbot has lifted the aesthetics and a good deal of the gameplay mechanics directly from Smash. 

The game plays nothing like Smash Bros. For starters it doesn't revolve around knocking your opponent out of the screen. All they took were stock and time battles which aren't exactly something worth the amount of controversy it received or exclusive to SSB. Also the Aesthetics? The characters look exactly like they do from their respective games as do the stages so what does this even mean?