By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Iran will be a Nuclear State by 2014.

According to British Intellegence.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/9396360/MI6-chief-Sir-John-Sawers-We-foiled-Iranian-nuclear-weapons-bid.html

This is an odd move.  Can't help but think he's been told to do this to push the American Public to accept military strikes on Iran.  I mean hell, he's even gone so far as to mention how MI6 foiled their attempts numerous times as early as 2008.  How often does an intellegence agency admit that completely unprovoked?  Argueably you could take it as a claim of responsibility for all those killed scientists.

Can't help but wonder if this is shades of FDR, and Obama is trying to push that info out there through MI6 due to Bush's discrediting of the CIA due to that other WMD announcement.

Either that or MI6 is 100% positive of this and is just worried the US won't act.

Around the Network

Your garden will be a nuclear fallout zone by 2014*

Right, this is a vexing one. Clearly there's some sort of signaling going on here, but to whom is a mystery. The purpose seems clear, with a straightforward effort to try and tie America's hands on military strikes against Iran, similar to Israel's threats of unilateral action. Or it could be directed at the British and the EU.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Sal.Paradise said:
Your garden will be a nuclear fallout zone by 2014*

next fallout to be a documentary looks very likely now... 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

I guess we only have one choice. We must attack first.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

oddly enough I just saw a pop-up on hazard masks on another site....

Kasz216 said:

Can't help but wonder if this is shades of FDR, and Obama is trying to push that info out there through MI6 due to Bush's discrediting of the CIA due to that other WMD announcement.

Either that or MI6 is 100% positive of this and is just worried the US won't act.

The first one seems likely, but an odd choice... seeing as it was the (US) Government's position that the Iraq situation was an international intelligence failure, meaning MI6 got it wrong, too.

MI6 and CIA work together on most things, and engage in a hell of a lot of information sharing. Anything and everything that MI6 knows, the CIA knows... though, the reverse may not necessarily be true. As is the nature of the "special" relationship.

I don't understand why everyone worries about this, they won't start a nuclear war one they have nukes. Why? Because they don't want to die either.

TheLibertarian said:
I don't understand why everyone worries about this, they won't start a nuclear war one they have nukes. Why? Because they don't want to die either.

Because the opinion molders have told us to worry about this.

Iran is going to go nuclear since the 1980's....

I hope another war isn't unleashed as the whole region will explode but I do hope for another Green Revolution and this time for it to succeed. The clerical fascists that rule Iran days are numbered.