By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Gaming Screenshot Thread V.3.5: CGI-Quality Revamp!

You running Oblivions Graphics Extender with that?

I really do need to re-download Oblivion through Steam again and get re-modding to make it amazing.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

Those ground textures are fantastic. Is it Qarl's texture pack 4 you say? From my memory QTP4 didn't look that good back in 2009.

The foliage shots looked a bit awkward. Palm trees. Did you increase the color saturation on the foliage or something?

I didn't know there was a mod that intensified bump mapping. That's very cool. Is it a separate mod or a feature of the Oblivion graphics extender mod?

- NO! I was not a fan of QTP. Darooz Landscape + Landscape HD mods. 

- The foliag, yes, I downloaded a mod to make it very, very green and added the Palms.

- The bump mapping mod is called Really Textured Normal Maps. Separate mod.

To both you and Pem: yes, I use the OBSE v20

Oh, I have to remember that mod until I mod my Oblivion again since I wasn't a huge fan of QTP either. It often has very detailed textures but they often look grainy and pixelated and sometimes plain wrong.

What framerate do u have outdoors with all your mods?

Been modding my copy of Oblivion heavily lately. Between the usual FCOM convergence setting I use, I also installed a couple of landscape mods, character model mods (though haven't worked on Face model mods so far) and other miscellaneous mods like Sounds of Cyrodill, Cava Obscura and so on.
Also, LAA'ing (Large Adress Awareness) the OBSE launcher works like a thousand charms for Oblivion, no more stuttering on open space areas when the memory use goes beyond 2 GB.

Will post pictures here tomorrow or in a couple of days, once my laptop comes from the repair shop to fix the damaged fan.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:

Also, LAA'ing (Large Adress Awareness) the OBSE launcher works like a thousand charms for Oblivion, no more stuttering on open space areas when the memory use goes beyond 2 GB.

I have that and CTDs sometimes mainly during landscape traveling even WITH the OBSE. Guess I'm doing it wrong. :P

Have you patched the Bashed Patch on Wrye Bash correctly? Because Landscape mods need to be merged and imported into cells in order to avoid conflicts and potential CTDs. Also, do you BOSS your load list? 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:
CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:

I have that and CTDs sometimes mainly during landscape traveling even WITH the OBSE. Guess I'm doing it wrong. :P

Have you patched the Bashed Patch on Wrye Bash correctly? Because Landscape mods need to be merged and imported into cells in order to avoid conflicts and potential CTDs. Also, do you BOSS your load list? 

Bashed Patch, always. BOSS, don't use it.

BOSS is recommended, necessary, mandatory, everything you need to do to avoid CTDs. It'll automatically put your loading list in order, tell you which mods are Dirtied, which have merging tags, bashing tags, compatibility issues, etc. 

Without BOSS, trying to load any Oblivion mod list larger than 20 mods is like trying to play Russian Roulette . Also, did you force BSA invalidation on OBMM when you applied the landscape and texture mods to avoid conflict between meshes? 

Current PC Build

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:
CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:
CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:

Bashed Patch, always. BOSS, don't use it.

BOSS is recommended, necessary, mandatory, everything you need to do to avoid CTDs. It'll automatically put your loading list in order, tell you which mods are Dirtied, which have merging tags, bashing tags, compatibility issues, etc. 

Without BOSS, trying to load any Oblivion mod list larger than 20 mods is like trying to play Russian Roulette . Also, did you force BSA invalidation on OBMM when you applied the landscape and texture mods to avoid conflict between meshes? 

BNope. So, looks like I have some more work to do. Shall return. ;)

This is the reason why it takes me a long time to put Oblivion to the shape that I like when I reinstall it on a new PC. Landscape and Texture mods are actually easy and manageable when compared to the behemoth work that it takes to make FCOM Convergence viable and CTD free. 

It's worth it in the end. I just can't play Oblivion without FCOM. While it makes the game tough as nails (50% difficulty is 2x harder than vanilla 100% difficulty), it's an amazing experience.

Current PC Build

Im really hyped for Metro Last Light, the game looks brill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWimz-duun8

Visually stunning.

Metro Last Lite:

I'm only running it on normal. Beautiful game. More screens coming.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

As I had promised, here are my current Oblivion setup screenshots:

(Natural Weather HDR with darker nights & Darnified UI)

(All 3 pics with Qarls TP3 Full (4096x4096 textures) pack + Unique Landscapes textures - Merged meshes)

(Both pics with Natural Water + Natural Habitat)

(Natural Habitat (200% Foliage) + Qarls TP3 - Merged meshes)

(Cava Obscura - Intense Darkness with better HDR lightning)

I'll post character model pics once I find a decent Face texture mod. I'm open to any suggestion

Current PC Build

i see all of cgi's pics