By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Gaming Screenshot Thread V.3.5: CGI-Quality Revamp!

darkknightkryta said:
Barozi said:

But who decides what the best mods are ?
I mean Steam Workshop installs them for you and so do mod managers like the Nexus Mod Manager. (IMO completely unnecessary except when one mod has several optional files to choose from with preview pictures)

But in the end YOU still need to look for things you'd like to change.
Also if I'd upload my mods, wouldn't be that better than an installer ? You'd just need to copy one folder into the Skyrim folder. That's even less work than clicking on "next" several times in an installer GUI.
But even if there was such an installer the problems I mentioned earlier would still be valid.

That would be better than an installer :D.  But like you mention, there are many mods, but I'm sure someone out there could put together an all encompasing mod for basics, throw together what's arguably the best lighting and texture mods for instance.

"Installing" in Bethesda games is nothing more than copying one folder into Skyrim's Data folder. It's nothing like GTA where you have to replace cars inside an archive and then change its handling behaviour (and some optional changes like color and spawn rate) in seperate text files. A lot more could go wrong there.

But to me looking for the mods is half (if not more) the fun. It's just not that easy if there are really good mods that are simply not popular enough to show up on the first pages. But other than that the most popular ones are usually also the best. And that is easy to sort on skyrimnexus.

Also for several categories there is only one mod that overshadows them all so that other modders don't even bother trying and you don't need to look for others.

WATER, ApachiiSkyHair, 2K Textures, SkyUI, A Quality World Map and more

Around the Network

well...yeah...

crissindahouse said:

well...yeah...

AWESOME

That game was so much fun

my bike was already almost destroyed

DayZ

Around the Network

Skyrim

Just built my rig 3 days ago. After downloading a few games for it but none look as good as the stuff you guys are posting. Are they all modded or what?

JerCotter7 said:
Just built my rig 3 days ago. After downloading a few games for it but none look as good as the stuff you guys are posting. Are they all modded or what?

My games look better as screenshots too!

I think it's because screenshots are smaller and most people probably have AA cranked right up or have mods applied. I might be stating the obvious, but also check if your settings are at max.

brendude13 said:
JerCotter7 said:

My games look better as screenshots too!

I think it's because screenshots are smaller and most people probably have AA cranked right up or have mods applied. I might be stating the obvious, but also check if your settings are at max.

I have every setting as high as I possibly can. AA up the top as well so it's either mods or as you said smaller shot. I must try find a good site for mods.

trasharmdsister12 said:
JerCotter7 said:

I have every setting as high as I possibly can. AA up the top as well so it's either mods or as you said smaller shot. I must try find a good site for mods.

It depends on the game but the shots I post of Crysis, GTA IV and Skyrim are heaavily modded. Shots for Alan Wake are stock (not many mods). Shots for Mass Effect are slightly modded. Which game are you talking about? I can point you to some mod sites if I'm familiar with modding that specific game.

Crysis and Oblivion are the main 2 games I want to mod at the moment. Cheers.