By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Gaming Screenshot Thread V.3.5: CGI-Quality Revamp!

CGI-Quality said:
Solid-Stark said:
CGI-Quality said:

I'm hearing a lot of good things about both the 550 and 560Ti cards. (Slightly off base): I'm also hearing that, despite being the most powerful NVIDIA card (which I thought was the most powerful card overall), my 690 may actually be a  little weaker than AMD (ATi)'s HD7970. I read up on that and it seems the 7970 has a few advantages.

The 550Ti has indeed surprised me. However, it does help that I don't have any demanding games aside from Crysis 1 :P

I play Bethesda games (still need to get Skyrim) and Valve games so my hardware takes them easy.

I doubt the few advantages would reflect any drastic improvements though. Also, both AMD and Nvidia are still working on proper drivers. (I hear Nvidia has some issues for some Kepler cards in SLI  or multi GPU) I almost upgraded to a 670, but was able to hold off. But I will surely upgrade to either AMD's Sea Islands (will have to wait and see for these) or Nvidia's 770, next year.

Funny you mention Keplar drivers, Black Ops II's install prompted an update for just that.

Haha well there you go. Happy gaming!

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Solid-Stark said:
CGI-Quality said:
Solid-Stark said:

Fallout 3

Just out of curiosity, what's the hardware you're working with there (PC specs)?

i3 3.3Ghz with 550Ti (no overclock)

Im able to run it in ultra 60fps.

Edit: all vanilla.

I'm hearing a lot of good things about both the 550 and 560Ti cards. (Slightly off base): I'm also hearing that, despite being the most powerful NVIDIA card (which I thought was the most powerful card overall), my 690 may actually be a  little weaker than AMD (ATi)'s HD7970. I read up on that and it seems the 7970 has a few advantages.

only because crossfire scales better currently on AMD cards, you buy AMD cards to cross fire and Nvidia card as single card solution currently, other than PhysX anyways. A 6970 for example can't beat a 580 as a single card setup but in crossfire and sli, they have about the same performance.

Fallout New Vegas with FNV Project Reaility, LOD noise Texture, NMC's texture pack

One of my more favourite maps in multiplayer.

Panama said:

On which settings is your PS2 Emulator running?And you can play PS2 games online over PC Emulator or is it Splitscreen MP?

Around the Network
bertlsenix said:
Panama said:

On which settings is your PS2 Emulator running?And you can play PS2 games online over PC Emulator or is it Splitscreen MP?

LOL gud 1, Dane Cook take notes.

CGI-Quality said:

Mirrors Edge has to be one of the most gorgeous Unreal Engine 3 games out there. Goes to show it will always boil down to the developers art direction.

Fallout New Vegas: Old World Blues

my Skyrim:

Fallout NV with mods

Stalker CS - No mods yet.

Yes, i <3 me some post apocalyptic.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords