By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii drastic fall in US sales this week. It's not shortages, is it?

It cant be shortages because the xmas rush is over, I mean I'm sure they can produce more than 65k a month?

Around the Network

Avinash_tyagi:

"This is just the beginning, wii sales will increase from now on through the whole year and make 60 million at the least"

He said that in early december.

mM

Can't be shortages?

They stuffed the channel and STILL sold out. Why can't there be shortages?

And yes, they can produce more than 65k a month, considering that is only for one week in one territory.

Theyre most likely still feeling the after effects of christmas in terms of stock levels, it'll probably get back to 'normal' soon.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

hmm newbie, 2 posts trying to raise the issue of the Wii flopping?
I wonder what this could be?

Around the Network

Well, can you find a Wii anywhere? If you can't and nobody else can, it's obviously due to shortages.

Sales were also quite low in Europe, but I know it for a fact that the Wii is sold out in many retailers, even in countries where it didn't use to sell out.

What this tells me is that Nintendo make a big push at the end of December to ship many Wiis as quickly as possible. Since they now switched to the usual shipment rate and speed (i.e. by boat instead of plane), Wiis are currently crossing the oceans and normal sales should resume once they get to Europe and USA.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957