By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Super Slim exists, and here it is! Update2: Comparison PS3 vs PS3 Slim vs PS3 Super Slim

Sony's going after a more casual crowd this holiday season for sure. We have:

-PS3 Slim
-Price cut (likely now)
-Focus on more casual games (LBP Karting, PSASBR) instead of the usual core games.
-New line of supercheap rereleases (PS3 Essentials) rumoured.

I think this may work very well for them.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

How can they design something worse than the current PS3!

First leak of the Slim for comparison. Leaks always look like shit.

I can't complain about the design.

*Looks at Nintendo 64*

Not sure about how much size actually matters when it comes to home consoles though. It's not like people looked at their old TV bench and went, "Fuck, a PS3 would never fit in there. I better wait until they release a smaller version."

That looks quite ugly.

And how slim is it actually? These pictures don't help so much. (It only looks a bit slimmer.)

But really... it doesn't look good at all...

Around the Network

Pics again :D

Looking at the Ethernet port and doing some calculations, this is 33cm long, 6.5 cm tall and about 26cm deep .

So 33x26x6.5

For reference, the current model is 29x29x6.5

So, the surface and volume of this model is almost identical to the current one, only rectangular instead of a square. I'm guessing it'll be lighter and cheaper, but I would've preferred if it was smaller...

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

I don't really give a damn about looks. Sony just needs two things with this design:

1). price it very cheap;
2). get it ready on time to troll WiiU's launch.

If those work, things will be interesting this year.

What the?! Why is there a 500 GB Model?!?! :0

NintendoPie said:
What the?! Why is there a 500 GB Model?!?! :0

for 500gb of spaaaaaaace.

I have a 500gb hard drive in my PS3, and I've needed it! But only because I put all my LEGALLY OBTAINED movies, tv shows and music on there as well as my games.