Final Fantasy 46 13.94%

Half-Life 9 2.73%

Ultima 0 0%

Halo 18 5.45%

Metroid 8 2.42%

Grand Theft Auto 14 4.24%

other 47 14.24%

Total:329

If we're counting all Mario games as one franchise, then easily Mario. If we're breaking Mario down into several distinct series (2d platformers, 3d platformers, Mario Kart, Paper Mario, etc), it's a tough one but I feel Zelda marginally wins.

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Gonna have to say Mario. The fact that the series manages to keep releasing such high quality titles and maintain sales for this long is phenomenal.

Mario is the face of gaming.

For people who don't know much about gaming or Mario fans, that is.

I would say every gamer has their own different array of characters they immediately associate with video games, for example, a PC-only gamer is more likely to think of Gordan Freeman before Mario.

So, I don't know much about gaming when I say Mario is the most famous video game franchise?

Give yourself a break.

That's not what I'm saying at all. What I meant by that is that people who don't play games (and so don't know much about them) would maybe think of Mario as the face of gaming, as well as Mario fans (I'm saying you're the latter, obviously you know plenty about video games and play them). I'm basically saying Mario isn't the face of gaming to most gamers, so I find calling that franchise/character the face of gaming odd.

Zelda for me out of that list. GTA is pretty close, though.

Also, you don't put in stuff like Uncharted because it only has 4 games, yet you include Half Life, which only has 2 and 2 episodes?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Andrespetmonkey said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Gonna have to say Mario. The fact that the series manages to keep releasing such high quality titles and maintain sales for this long is phenomenal.

I would say every gamer has their own different array of characters they immediately associate with video games, for example, a PC-only gamer is more likely to think of Gordan Freeman before Mario.

So, I don't know much about gaming when I say Mario is the most famous video game franchise?

Give yourself a break.

That's not what I'm saying at all. What I meant by that is that people who don't play games (and so don't know much about them) would maybe think of Mario as the face of gaming, as well as Mario fans (I'm saying you're the latter, obviously you know plenty about video games and play them). I'm basically saying Mario isn't the face of gaming to most gamers, so I find calling that franchise/character the face of gaming odd.

Well, fact remainst that Mario is the best selling video game franchise of all time and that more people associate Mario with gaming than any other franchise. Mario has built up this reputation since the 80s, and even all Metal Gear Solid fans (for example) would consider Mario to be a better gaming representative than Solid Snake.

No love for Call of Duty?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Either Zelda or FF.

Andrespetmonkey said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Give yourself a break.

I don't seriously understand this?? Everyone I know (whether they like/play Mario games or not) immediately know Mario and associate him with gaming. Even my nan knows who Mario is

Mario for sure. No other series has been consistently fantastic for such a long time. Every entry feels fresh and the consistent huge sales prove people in general's love of him.

My fav personally is Zelda. Bit cliche and easy but the truth. Skyward Sword cemented that for me.

lol @ the people who picked Mario.