Ultima 0 0%

Halo 18 5.45%

Metroid 8 2.42%

Grand Theft Auto 14 4.24%

other 47 14.24%

Total:329
S.Peelman said:
Come on man.

It is common knowledge that Mario is the most famous video game character in the world. This is fact, even acknowledged by the Guiness Book of Records if I'm not mistaken. Why even debate this? Mario is up there with Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader, an Angry Birds bird won't even come close. Is this regard, THE1's statement is totally justifiable.

Mind, I'm not saying that should be the reason Mario should be considered the best franchise of all-time.

And Frozone needs to shoosh because he's not making sense.

Join the discussion at my wall :)

Around the Network

God of War, easily. I genuinely don't like any of the franchises in the poll.

bouzane said:

Only one other vote for Half-Life?

Episode 2 did come out in 2007, it really has been a while without any update to the series whatsoever and considering its good because of the story, this isn't a good thing :/

I personally went for Final Fantasy, no series for me has the amount of quality that this series has and some of the stories in each game are out of this world. FF13 (and especially 13-2) has soured the taste for the series recently, but when FFv13 becomes FF15 and comes out next year, haters will stop for a month :P

Andrespetmonkey said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Gonna have to say Mario. The fact that the series manages to keep releasing such high quality titles and maintain sales for this long is phenomenal.

Mario is the face of gaming.

For people who don't know much about gaming or Mario fans, that is.

I would say every gamer has their own different array of characters they immediately associate with video games, for example, a PC-only gamer is more likely to think of Gordan Freeman before Mario.

We hardly ever see Gordon Freeman, he can't be the face of gaming.

Signature goes here!

TeddostheFireKing said:
bouzane said:

Only one other vote for Half-Life?

Episode 2 did come out in 2007, it really has been a while without any update to the series whatsoever and considering its good because of the story, this isn't a good thing :/

I personally went for Final Fantasy, no series for me has the amount of quality that this series has and some of the stories in each game are out of this world. FF13 (and especially 13-2) has soured the taste for the series recently, but when FFv13 becomes FF15 and comes out next year, haters will stop for a month :P

It's a shame that we have to wait so long between Half-Life releases, I know it's worth it in the end but why must it take the better part of a decade? About Final Fantasy, that used to be my favorite game franchise but I haven't finished one since FFVI. I absolutely can not stand the latest Final Fantasy games.

@TruckOSaurus

That doesn't really matter. His face is prominently featured on the cover of every Half-Life box and as a result I associate it with the best games ever made.

Around the Network

Jeez, difficult question.

Legend of Zelda, Halo, God of War, Age of Empires, Gears of War, Ratchet & Clank, Half-Life and Command&Conquer.

Voted for Halo because it's the only franchise of which I haven't skipped a game or dlc.

Street Fighter. Kill yourself if you disagree.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:
Street Fighter. Kill yourself if you disagree.

SHORYUKEN!

Metal Gear because MGS4 received trophy support this week (fresh in the memory).

Consistency is a big factor for me. Final Fantasy now has had 3 bad games in a row. 13, 14, and 13-2. Probably 4 in a row when 13-3 comes out. Only Versus 13 (if released) can break this streak.