By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Old PC games - Share your memories

The multiplayer games I played most on pc as a kid were Golden Axe, Firepower and Ironman offroad racing.

This had vertical splitscreen multiplayer. You could lay mines to defend your base and then try to sneak into your friends base to capture the flag. Being able to see your friends screen made the game a lot more fun. The large maps would not work with online multiplayer.

So many hours lost on this while we should be doing homework, the later tracks get pretty tricky.

We hardly ever made it to the end, one accidental hit on eachother always result into a full on deathmatch, good times.

Lemmings was for family time. The sheet with level pass codes was always right next to the pc, taking turns and suggesting different solutions. And later worms was cause for fierce competition.

Around the Network

The game that got me into flight sims, still the best dog fighting experience imo

I might as well get a move on and just post this video. I remember playing most of these allthough I can't remember all the names anymore.

Slimebeast said:
Kasz216 said:
Slimebeast said:

Three of my absolute favorites.

Lords of the Realm II (1995) - a turn based + RTS combo strategy game just like the Total War series.

I had that one.  That was fun.

Cool. It was like crack, I couldn't put it down even when I had important school work. "Just one more turn".

It's funny I was thinking about it lately trying to rememebr the name.  It's fairly unique even by todays standards.

I remember loading up on... I want to say Crossbowmen.  That and creating smaller groups made soley to avoid combat and to pilage enemys farms.

As I'm only 19 and only played games on our computer in 2001, my will all be fairly recent. Pharaoh, Age of Empires I and II, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, Empire Earth and Zoo Tycoon took over my life in the early years of the last decade. I can't imagine myself gaming on a PC for anywhere near as much now.

wfz said:
I remember this dinosaur game on my PC. I remember it feeling like a strange 3d maze and being killed by dinosaurs. I also remember using 3d glasses with it (the red and blue filmed glasses).

I can't for the life of me remember it.. but it was a pretty old game.

That and Ski Free. x_x

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/l1dl0t/video-game-vault--3d-dinosaur-adventure

Are you talking about this game?

Around the Network

A little something from the mid 90s.

We had an old Tandy system growing up and this was one of the games that was on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangerous_Dave

I also played a lot of this Hoyle card game. I also remember that the computer took FOREVER to load this damn thing, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux6cvu9522Q

Those 250 game demo discs. Learned about Commander Keen, Jazz the Jack Rabbit, and Solar Winds from them. Plus Doom 2 and Heretic, though I never properly played through those games, I just cheated, or removed the monsters from the level, or level selected. Though the level selection in Heretic was weird, I'd put myself in the last stage, only to be in like in the middle of act 2.

My very first PC game . It still is one of my favourite racing games of all time and there hasn't been a single game that has come close to it's track making abilities (not even the recent Trackmania games).

It has been fun to read this thread from the start, since most (if not all) the games shown here have brought good memories .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

My first PC game that I can remember was a game called "The Uninvited". It was a point and click adventure and I'm sure it looks like ass, now but at the time, it was the most realistic/scariest game I'd ever seen. I died a lot but it was just fun seeing what I could do. I think I was in the fifth or sixth grade when that came out.

Later on, when I was in high school, a friend of mine put the games Wolfenstein 3D (w/ Street Fighter II Mod!) and Doom on my PC in computer class. While everybody was playing Wheel of Fortune and Family Feud (teacher would give us free time on certain days), I was saving the world! Didn't like the controls at all, though. I was a controller kid and I only had access to a mouse and keyboard. Hell, I don't even think the mouse worked with those games.