By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

^ troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network

Definite purchases for me:
Okami
Pro Evo Wii
Mario Kart Wi
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Taken into consideration:
Spore
Kings Story
Monster Hunter 3
FFCC: The Crystal Bearers
Top Spin Tennis
(good to see a more "serious" tennis simulation expanding the sports library on Wii; where's Virtua Tennis, Sega?)

Great thread, thank you!

CrazzyMan said:
not much games, which would attract me.

is the situation(games lineup) really better, then it was on GC?

What games for the second year of GC attracted you? 

It`s better to ask what games from whole GC life attracted me.

Metroid Prime 1/2.
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Tales of Symphonia - i like tales. =)
Resident Evil 0

So, that`s why ask Nintendo fans, is the situation is really better then it was on GC.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:

It`s better to ask what games from whole GC life attracted me.

Metroid Prime 1/2.
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Tales of Symphonia - i like tales. =)
Resident Evil 0

So, that`s why ask Nintendo fans, is the situation is really better then it was on GC.

Good list. Shows, that there were at least 6 games you liked on GC.

For me, the "situation" was always alright on PC (until I quit out of boredom and patch/upgrade hate) and on any consoles I own, which are 4 incl. handhelds. 3 of them are from Nintendo for one reason in the first place: The Legend of Zelda. 

But there are many more reasons to me to own Nintendo consoles:

Playing Golden Sun and Zelda: ALttP on the bright DS screen, Castlevania, Fire Emblem/Advance Wars, existing and upcoming point&click adventures on DS, FF & DQ remakes on DS, DQIX...and let's not forget the Virtual Console and WiiWare.

But I don't consider myself a Nintendo fan. I'm not a fan of companies or consoles, just of games that I like.

I missed and will miss many great games on PS2 (dozens of good to great JRPGs), Xbox360 (Mass Effect comes to my mind), PS3 (Uncharted, Oblivion, upcoming RPGs) and PSP (Lumines, Locoroco, Virtua Tennis, Wipeout, Jeanne D'Arc...), not to speak of all consoles before the PS2 era.

The only mistake I retrospectively made: I should've bought a PS2 instead of an Xbox (but then I would have missed the Xbox games I own). I'd also buy a PS3 if I had an HDTV, the money and the time to play (even) more games. So I stick with those upcoming games on Wii instead. which appeal to me. And yes, I'm content with the list.

I think there are enough great available & upcoming games on every console/handheld. Why should any video gamer be a fan of one company alone? I never understood.

Around the Network
okr said:
Definite purchases for me:
Okami
Pro Evo Wii
Mario Kart Wi
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Taken into consideration:
Spore
Kings Story
Monster Hunter 3
FFCC: The Crystal Bearers
Top Spin Tennis
(good to see a more "serious" tennis simulation expanding the sports library on Wii; where's Virtua Tennis, Sega?)

Great thread, thank you!

i'm a tennis fan too!!! hope Virtua Tennis comes too

This is a good list. And we still have a long way to go until the end of the year, the list may just as well expand.

What other GOOD NON FPS games than GTA4, DMC4 and GT5 are we sure that are coming out on the PS3 in the US this year?

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Wojtas said:
This is a good list. And we still have a long way to go until the end of the year, the list may just as well expand.

What other GOOD NON FPS games than GTA4, DMC4 and GT5 are we sure that are coming out on the PS3 in the US this year?

For example: White Knight Story?

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT WII GAMES!!!! GTAIV and MGS4 are not WII GAMES!!!!!
ggggggrrrrrrrr........

I am fairly certain Odin Sphere was released in the US, or at least in english.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.