By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - World Exclusive: PS4 in deep (first specs)

Andrespetmonkey said:
man-bear-pig said:
These numbers mean nothing to me. Could someone explain them in layman's terms?

They are very good. A very big jump over this gen IMO. This could run BF3 at ultra at 1080p and maybe 60fps while current systems run BF3 at the equivalent of low at sub 720p.

If next gen games are only gonna look as good as BF3 on ultra settings , then i think we should wait a bit longer. This is coming from someone who plays BF3 on ultra settings. 

Around the Network

Those memory bandwidth numbers are funny, in a wrong way.

20happyballs said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
man-bear-pig said:

They are very good. A very big jump over this gen IMO. This could run BF3 at ultra at 1080p and maybe 60fps while current systems run BF3 at the equivalent of low at sub 720p.

If next gen games are only gonna look as good as BF3 on ultra settings , then i think we should wait a bit longer. This is coming from someone who plays BF3 on ultra settings. 

The problem is the diminishing returns. Each gen it's going to be needed a bigger technical jump to create the feeling of the same visual jump, and the moore's law, and the problems the foundries are having in the smaller nodes aren't helping at all.

20happyballs said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
man-bear-pig said:

Launch games that is. 

Andrespetmonkey said:
20happyballs said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
man-bear-pig said:

Launch games that is. 

Dude, I cant read these numbers and chips. What are the current standings in the three next gen consoles? CPU, RAM, GPU?

Yay!!!

Around the Network
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Launch games that is. 

Dude, I cant read these numbers and chips. What are the current standings in the three next gen consoles? CPU, RAM, GPU?

I'm certainly no expert, but I know some of the basics.

It depends on what rumours you believe, Wii U is definitely last if this rumour + the 360 rumour with like 50 pages of details is based on truth. Check out Superchunk's next gen thread, he's done a good job on putting all the rumoured specs in one place for easy comparison. 

Andrespetmonkey said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Launch games that is. 

It depends on what rumours you believe, Wii U is definitely last if this rumour + the 360 rumour with like 50 pages of details is based on truth. Check out Superchunk's next gen thread, he's done a good job on putting all the rumoured specs in one place for easy comparison. 

Ohh yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks. The current CPU comparison still confuses me though. Can you just do a ranking in the CPU department? 

Yay!!!

Lmao - you guys taking a site that has 9 total articles (one is just a single pic - no article), with no sources even mentioned, seriously.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Launch games that is. 

Ohh yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks. The current CPU comparison still confuses me though. Can you just do a ranking in the CPU department? 

Depends on the rumour, with this rumour and the 16 core xbox rumour it's:

XB>PS>WU

GPU:

Not so sure here, but based on all the rumours I'd say:

PS>XB>WU but it could go either way with XB and PS

RAM:

XB>PS>WU though as said in this rumour, the PS4 is likely to get more RAM, putting it even with XB in this department. 

Andrespetmonkey said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Launch games that is. 

Depends on the rumour, with this rumour and the 16 core xbox rumour it's:

XB>PS>WU

GPU:

Not so sure here, but based on all the rumours I'd say:

PS>XB>WU but it could go either way with XB and PS

RAM:

XB>PS>WU though as said in this rumour, the PS4 is likely to get more RAM, putting it even with XB in this department. 

Hrmm ok. How does the IBM Power7 6 cores running at 3.7 GHZ compare with the PS4? 

Yay!!!