By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people next gen with regards to the power of all 3 next gen consoles. The 720 is going to be around 6 times more powerful than the 360, the U is going to be around 3 times more powerful than the 360 and the PS4 is going to be around 5 times more powerful than the 360.

Generally the leap in power between one gen and the next is around 4 or 5 times more powerful than the previous gen, but this current gen has been a bit of an odd one with the 360 being the only console showing a normal leap in power.

All 3 consoles are going to be in the same sort of ballpark in terms of power, as they were last gen.

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:

The guy from MS who said that WiU is little more than a 360 is correct.

Kinect sold more 360s than 3D did for the PS3 or 3DS.

--Really? You have no proof. I'd say 3D sold A LOT of 3DS systems. There is really no way to know.

PREDICTION: Kinect will sell more 360s/720s than an extra (controller) screen will for Wii-U.

The extra screen WILL NOT sell the Wii-U.

--People said the same thing about the motion controls of the Wii. Look how that turned out.--

PREDICTION: Not a single 'assymetric gameplay' game will hit 10M or 20M. 

--Wishful Thinking--

Nintendo has absolutely no idea what they're doing. A year in and we're already seeing the 3DSXL. Desperation. 2D Mari-U will do no more for WiiU than MK7 did for 3ds. The extra screen will hardly be used after the first year, maybe Nintendo will keep using it but 3rd parties will prety much drop it for it's GAMING features.

---No, it's not desperation, its right on schedule. Remember that the DS Lite came out a little over a year after the original DS. The same is being done with 3DS. Again, you are extremely biased and its severely clouding your judgement. Are you drunk?---

If Nintendo wins next gen it will be because Sony and MS completely eff up. Sony's nearly out of here but MS should win if they don't focus on Kinect and continue appealing to the PC gamer.

PREDICTION: If Wii-U has a 10M or 20M seller it will be because of motion control or symmetric local multiplayer. 

No, I'm not defending Nintendo. Anyone who knows me knows I am a Sony fan.

Jay520 said:
Quite possibly the most brilliant OP I've ever read. Well done, sir. You seem have great analytical skills.

I remember when I made a typo several months ago and you pointed it out.  Well, consider this payback!!

whisful thinking more than anything
you should have titled it "i would like..."

Andrespetmonkey said:
I disagree with the op on so many levels I don't know where to begin.

Even APM dis-agrees!

You, sir, are lost.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Jay520 said:
Quite possibly the most brilliant OP I've ever read. Well done, sir. You seem have great analytical skills.

I remember when I made a typo several months ago and you pointed it out.  Well, consider this payback!!

I stared at my post for like five minutes trying to find the typo before I got the joke. I even looked up 'analytical' in several online dictionaries. So much time...wasted.

of course you realize...this means war.

People should stop predicting the death of Nintendo. Nintendo has sruvived the Gamecube disaster they can survive everything Nintendo is immortal.

Jay520 said:
d21lewis said:
Jay520 said:

I stared at my post for like five minutes trying to find the typo before I got the joke. I even looked up 'analytical' in several online dictionaries. So much time...wasted.

of course you realize...this means war.

Don't take this moment away from me!

Pyro as Bill said:

The guy from MS who said that WiU is little more than a 360 is correct.

Kinect sold more 360s than 3D did for the PS3 or 3DS.

PREDICTION: Kinect will sell more 360s/720s than an extra (controller) screen will for Wii-U.

The extra screen WILL NOT sell the Wii-U.

PREDICTION: Not a single 'assymetric gameplay' game will hit 10M or 20M. 

Nintendo has absolutely no idea what they're doing. A year in and we're already seeing the 3DSXL. Desperation. 2D Mari-U will do no more for WiiU than MK7 did for 3ds. The extra screen will hardly be used after the first year, maybe Nintendo will keep using it but 3rd parties will prety much drop it for it's GAMING features.

If Nintendo wins next gen it will be because Sony and MS completely eff up. Sony's nearly out of here but MS should win if they don't focus on Kinect and continue appealing to the PC gamer.

PREDICTION: If Wii-U has a 10M or 20M seller it will be because of motion control or symmetric local multiplayer. 

Fuck that. Xbox hasn't appealed to me since I was a GameCube player, 10 years ago, when I still played consoles.

Don't you ever insinuate that MS has ever appealed to PC gamers since the launch of the Xbox. Oh big fucking deal, I can play armored space warrior games on Xbox 360. Well you know something? That kind of shit used to be on PC before Epic Games abandoned PC gaming. However, we do have the awesome Valve and Blizzard to fill in the gap of, oh wait, Epic Games has never been missed from PC game development ever since they hired that douchebag Cliff Bleszinski.

tl;dr Fuck Xbox it's a piece of shit and no respectable PC gamer would ever be caught playing it.

Consider the source.

Microsoft giving the competition a left-handed complement. Imagine that. Sounds like something that Sony would say,

The industry's desire for power power power will be its undoing. That, bad TVs ad Wndows 8 could leave Nintendo as the only game in town.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV