By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OFFICIAL FRANCE next gen sales LTD gfk

Nice, very nice, you find a great article.

It's a big surprise for me.

First, the ps3 has really been very strong since end september (200,000 units at this time).

Second, the xbox 360 has not been as bad as i thought (430,000 when halo 3 was launched, 25 september) at the end of the year.

So, the 360 is not completly dead in France, but against the ps3, it's an hard fight, which will be lose in some weeks.

Now, i think, the 360 can reach the total of the first xbox which is 750,000.

For the ps3, to be as good as the ps2, will be difficult, because of the wii.

So, my analysis of french charts was right. The ps3 was very strong, and the 360 not completly dead, but behind the others.

Around the Network

Cool, now we only need Wii figures. :D

gebx said:
The article says that the Wii just passed a Million "
se déroule cependant à bonne distance du succès de la Wii, qui a pour sa part déjà dépassé le seuil du million d'unités écoulées dans l'Hexagone"

Why does it refer to France as the "Hexagone"??

I don't think there is a "just" mentioned in the article.

"se déroule cependant à bonne distance du succès de la Wii, qui a pour sa part déjà dépassé le seuil du million d'unités écoulées dans l'Hexagone"

I'm french so I can translate it :

"Wii, that has already reached the million"

It's seems official yes, it is GFK figures.

Around the Network

Great find, actual GfK figures for France, which are rare. Usually we only get manufacturers figures, which don't specify if shipped or sold.

All three current gen consoles are doing very well in France. Even if 360 will soon be in third place, it looks to be able to improve on the original Xbox.

Wii passed 1M at the beginning of December (Nintendo's figures), so should be quite a bit higher by the end of December (which I assume these figures are from, French charts are always 2 weeks behind everyone else). Even if Nintendo's 1M figure was shipped it shouldn't make much difference, as they wouldn't have been sitting on the shelves for very long.

Un million Wii en France

So can ioi PLEASE update Ps3 numbers by I think 100K

it's only fair that way!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
So can ioi PLEASE update Ps3 numbers by I think 100K

it's only fair that way!

Wow, the thread was only posted an hour ago, give the guy a chance to read it.

koffieboon said:
gebx said:
The article says that the Wii just passed a Million "
se déroule cependant à bonne distance du succès de la Wii, qui a pour sa part déjà dépassé le seuil du million d'unités écoulées dans l'Hexagone"

Why does it refer to France as the "Hexagone"??

I don't think there is a "just" mentioned in the article.

yeah sorry, that looks misleading

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

In France, I noticed that PS3 is very popular compared to 360 (not as much as Wii, though). But still, PS3 is considered like THE next-gen console. Wii is more considered as a "funny" console to play with friend.