By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Monster Hunter 4 to take over the world! (Update:New famitsu details. The first step is taken!)

Tagged games:

thanks for the link Basil
it looks AMAZING!!!
i think its the best looking 3ds game

Around the Network
pezus said:
DieAppleDie said:
"they are too lazy to upgrade the graphics that much."

pezus, Vita grafix are not that much better...actually the power of the system would require them to put less effort to make it look better, so a Vita `port would be easy, they simply dont want to release their mgahit on a console that nobody has

That makes no sense...Are you saying inferior graphics are harder to make? And yes, Vita is much more powerful than a 3DS.

i think he is trying to say that since the vita is much more powerful they don't need to optimize the game too well to make it look good. Regardless if capcom thought there was even a slight chance that the vita version would sell as well as any of the psp versions they would release the game for the vita. They didn't release the game of the ps3 becaues monster hunter games were never huge sellers on consoles so they knew it wouldn't sell enough to warrent the budget required for a ps3 game, and they aren't releasing it on the vita because the vita is selling so horribly in Japan that even if it sells to every vita owner in Japan, it would do still do better on the 3ds.

This has probably already been said but...

MH is significantly harder than Pokemon, I dont think the Pokemon audience would get into it. Having just been beaten repeatedly by tigrex in the desert (5 star guild hall mission) in 2 player co-op (thanks ad hoc party on ps3) in monster hunter freedom unite on the vita. I think if the pokemon crowd even hit the lower level bosses like Blangonga or even blue kut ku it would be overly frustrating for them. The game is MUCH more finnicky & unforgiving than a game like pokemon (& thats using 2 analog sticks for controls for MHFU on the Vita too). I think any idea of a large audience crossover wouldnt be feasible. Having played almost all of the MH's I'd say the difficulty quickly exceeds Demons & Dark Souls (personal opinion, based on how I found those games). Pokemon fans would (for the most part) get very angry with MH I think & any young kids playing it would have to be patient kids

just my thoughts...

PLAYSTATION NATION LADY OF JRPGS

Favourite Games of 2013 1.Tomb Raider(PS3) 2.Atelier Ayesha(PS3) 3.Virtues Last Reward (Vita)

pezus said:

i think he is trying to say that since the vita is much more powerful they don't need to optimize the game too well to make it look good. Regardless if capcom thought there was even a slight chance that the vita version would sell as well as any of the psp versions they would release the game for the vita. They didn't release the game of the ps3 becaues monster hunter games were never huge sellers on consoles so they knew it wouldn't sell enough to warrent the budget required for a ps3 game, and they aren't releasing it on the vita because the vita is selling so horribly in Japan that even if it sells to every vita owner in Japan, it would do still do better on the 3ds.

Okay...so it would be easy to make a Vita version, but not a PS3 version? Why did they make a Wii version then if it would have been easier to optimize the game to look good on the PS3? 

sorry, i meant to say i think his logic is wrong as well. But with the vita, if it was selling at the same pace as the 3ds was, they would be willing to dedicate enough resources to make a good looking game because handheld monster hunters sell very well, but since it is selling rather poorly in Japan they decided to go with the 3ds.

pezus said:
enrageorange said:
pezus said:

Okay...so it would be easy to make a Vita version, but not a PS3 version? Why did they make a Wii version then if it would have been easier to optimize the game to look good on the PS3? 

sorry, i meant to say i think his logic is wrong as well. But with the vita, if it was selling at the same pace as the 3ds was, they would be willing to dedicate enough resources to make a good looking game because handheld monster hunters sell very well, but since it is selling rather poorly in Japan they decided to go with the 3ds.

Ah, I see. But wasn't MH4 announced around Vita's launch? Or even before? Can't remember

Everyone was expecting  that, but then Nintendo dropped the bomb.

Around the Network

Insane how this isn't on the Vita.

RolStoppable said:
pezus said:

Ah, I see. But wasn't MH4 announced around Vita's launch? Or even before? Can't remember

Nintendo paid for Monster Hunter to destroy Sony's handheld market. End of story.

Rol drops the Cold-Hard Facts.

Yeah but its always been $ony, and everybody was really happy with the mega corp. buying everything...well times change.....

pezus said:
DieAppleDie said:
Yeah but its always been $ony, and everybody was really happy with the mega corp. buying everything...well times change.....

This has everything to do with Ninten$o, not Sony. Sony didn't moneyhat MH, thus Sony is not the subject of this discussion.

Is Nintendo known for buying exclusivity? They surely have done it before, but I can't remember another game where they buy the exclusivity

Nintendo and PC gamer

pezus said:
RolStoppable said:
pezus said:

Nintendo paid for Monster Hunter to destroy Sony's handheld market. End of story.

Oh I see how it is...Ninten$o

That only works with $ony and M$, Pezu$.