By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Monster Hunter 4 to take over the world! (Update:New famitsu details. The first step is taken!)

Tagged games:

i don't think MH is accessible enough for the pokemon audience.

Around the Network
pezus said:
I think the main reason Capcom haven't jumped on the Vita yet with MH is that they are too lazy to upgrade the graphics that much. They scrapped a PS3 version, and probably did the same for Vita.

moneyhat is likely as well.

@ kitler. I don't know. Pokemon requires a lot of patience and commitment, and Monster Hunter requires roughly the same amount, but in different area. Instead of raising monsters, you build weapon-sets, but there's nothing in there that is inherently more complex.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
pezus said:
I think the main reason Capcom haven't jumped on the Vita yet with MH is that they are too lazy to upgrade the graphics that much. They scrapped a PS3 version, and probably did the same for Vita.

moneyhat is likely as well.

@ kitler. I don't know. Pokemon requires a lot of patience and commitment, and Monster Hunter requires roughly the same amount, but in different area. Instead of raising monsters, you build weapon-sets, but there's nothing in there that is inherently more complex.

Another thing to notice is when you look at last week media create numbers. When Pokemon B/W2 released, MH3G position on the chart dropped quite a bit. So its kind of a sign that the Pokemon and the MH3G audience has quite a bit of overlap in Japan.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

"they are too lazy to upgrade the graphics that much."

pezus, Vita grafix are not that much better...actually the power of the system would require them to put less effort to make it look better, so a Vita `port would be easy, they simply dont want to release their mgahit on a console that nobody has

well, no with those graphics

they are plain awful, like a good looking N64 game!?

we said we don't care that much for graphics, but these are very lazy, very sharp...

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

dark ghost
the game looks way better than Zelda Oot
and i would say better than any other 3DS game except for Revelations and MGS3D

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
well, no with those graphics

they are plain awful, like a good looking N64 game!?

we said we don't care that much for graphics, but these are very lazy, very sharp...

It looks like a mix of GameCube and N64. It's not that bad.

Basil
you could tell me a 3ds game that looks better than MH4, apart from the ones ive already mentioned?

No way, ive played the demo and although it looks good its not even close to MH3G...
we all know that the Vita has better grafix, but for 3ds standards is a very good looking game

BasilZero said:
DieAppleDie said:
No way, ive played the demo and although it looks good its not even close to MH3G...
we all know that the Vita has better grafix, but for 3ds standards is a very good looking game

Now correct me if I am wrong, but we are talking about this game right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BXwp8YODTI&feature=player_detailpage#t=104s

The environment looks....like its from the N64/GCN era.....wtf?

Sprite design seems normal for the 3DS but why does everything else look meh.

Edit: That vine part reminds me of a certain part in Banjo Kazooie XD

I agree, they look pretty bad, bad color choices and really bad textures. Monster Hunter 3G looks miles better in terms of graphics, hope they get better