By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I have issues with Jesus fanboys....

Jumpin said:
TRAVIS!!! said:
there will be a time when noone will talk and think about god and jesus and religion and all that bullshit anymore.

all of this will dissapear some time, it's just a matter of when.
but it will take a very long time of course.

I would prefer a time where prejudice and intolerance, like yours, is extinguished in all of its manifestations.

religion = prejudice and intolerance

Around the Network

jerks are jerks, whatever their affiliation. God-lovers, Satanists, atheists, liberals, conservatives, what have you.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

MDMAlliance said:
I don't like the ones that go "ARE YOU SAVED?" and "ACCEPT JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR" and start asking me "DO YOU BELIEVE IN JESUS?" like they're trying to convert me.

They act as the way fanboys do with consoles.  They try to convert you to what they worship, do that, and apparently don't seem to manifest much in lifestyle change that is meaningful.  Their measure of life is how many they covert to their cause.  There is less focus in doing what Jesus says.

I could of used fans of Jesus, but I didn't feel that is strong enough.  I could say I have issue with individuals that are fans of Jesus also, but fanboys stands out more and is clearer.

PullusPardus said:

You guys can whine and complain all you like, but at least they don't go overboard like muslim extremists, whenever I talk to one I feel like I am getting interrogated, and it wouldn't be anything to talk about if they went and insulted you and even sometimes physically harm you (and the media encourage THEM not you) , yeah thats how it is in Saudia, thank goodness I don't live there, but yeah, you guys are getting it easy, so stop whining all about it , if it didn't hurt you.

There are fanboys in a lot of areas, including religion.  Political fanboys are bad also.

richardhutnik said:
MDMAlliance said:
I don't like the ones that go "ARE YOU SAVED?" and "ACCEPT JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR" and start asking me "DO YOU BELIEVE IN JESUS?" like they're trying to convert me.

They act as the way fanboys do with consoles.  They try to convert you to what they worship, do that, and apparently don't seem to manifest much in lifestyle change that is meaningful.  Their measure of life is how many they covert to their cause.  There is less focus in doing what Jesus says.

I could of used fans of Jesus, but I didn't feel that is strong enough.  I could say I have issue with individuals that are fans of Jesus also, but fanboys stands out more and is clearer.

The thing is about converting like this is they're all in your face .  Their excuse is that they think everyone should be saved whether they like to or not (because Jesus and the Christian way is the absolute right way and everyone else is wrong).  Some Christians and  Jesus "fans" don't do this, though.  Living in the South myself, there are some that leave you alone.

Around the Network
PDF said:
Im a little confused, at least with the second part. Whats that have to do with Jesus, he just seems like a bad dude. People are not perfect and because he loves Jesus doesn't mean he has to be.

On the flip side I am not a big fan of atheist fanboys. They seem to run rampant on the interwebz. I guess that is still better than the religious fanatics who are out in the real world. (like those "find out if your going to heaven or hell" people at fairs, scaring people is not the way to make them love Jesus!!!)

The second part is an example of why I have issues, and what makes someone a fanboy.  A fanboy ends up having adoration for a given object, but that adoration has little to no impact on any other part of their life in a positive way.  It was given as one personal example, one of numbers I could of given.  

I think your second sentence may go to the root of the issue, particularly on the area of love: People are not perfect and because he loves Jesus doesn't mean he has to be.

Just because someone adores Jesus, that suddenly makes what they have as flaws ok?  Maybe that is what fanboys actually do think.  It might explain why they act that way.  They think they are ok, thankful Jesus isn't going to sent them to hell, and then they have to go around converting everyone, because some preacher put pressure on them to go "win souls", and they don't want to have the guilt of souls going to hell on them, or disappointing Jesus some day.

I don't think adoring Jesus is the key part of this, nor is it what the Bible goes into regarding what real love means, and loving Jesus.

Religion sucks, seriously, it was fine 2 millenium ago...

MDMAlliance said:
richardhutnik said:
MDMAlliance said:

The thing is about converting like this is they're all in your face .  Their excuse is that they think everyone should be saved whether they like to or not (because Jesus and the Christian way is the absolute right way and everyone else is wrong).  Some Christians and  Jesus "fans" don't do this, though.  Living in the South myself, there are some that leave you alone.

That looks like the behavior of a fanboy to me.

DieAppleDie said:
Religion sucks, seriously, it was fine 2 millenium ago...

Well that is quite the one-sided opinion you've got there.

Besides, this thread isn't about how much Religion "Sucks" it's about how he hates (or should I say "has problems with") "Jesus FanBoys" and why, so stop bashing. Make some real discussion about the topic at hand.

Jesus fanboys? ive never thought about them as fanboys, just as poor people severely manipulated in their infancy