By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Windwaker best graphics and art style of all time

Zelda Wind Waker does have very beautiful art direction. Although, while I do like the cell shaded look, I can't say I'm 100% on board with the stubby character designs. Now, if I had to choose a game as having the best art style I'd go with Tron 2.0 on PC. I think it looks even more visually stunning that Tron Legacy. I also really like the Metroid Prime series visual style as well as the Portal games.

Then there's Panzer Dragoon Saga. It's not the most impressive game from the 32bit era, and let's face it, 3D games from that generation haven't aged well. But in my opinion it has some of the best art direction in all of gaming history. No other game looks like Panzer Dragoon Saga, other than the other Panzer Dragoon games. Sometimes the game looks so good it's hard to believe you're playing it on a Sega Saturn.

Around the Network
Majora said:
@kupomogli umm you saying that which game looks better is a fact?? Ugh no, that's definitely just opinion. When it comes to which somebody perceives to be better, that is purely to do with opinion, not fact. If somebody thinks in their genuine opinion that a scribble drawn by a five year old child looks better than the Cistine chapel, they are more than entitled to think that. Technique cannot really be disputed, but if something looks better to somebody else then nothing you or anybody else says can change that.

I'm well aware.  I wasn't going to reply back to him but I was baiting a reply with that last sentence.  The rest of the paragraph I placed there, then edited it afterwards with the my opinion being fact.

kupomogli said:
Majora said:
@kupomogli umm you saying that which game looks better is a fact?? Ugh no, that's definitely just opinion. When it comes to which somebody perceives to be better, that is purely to do with opinion, not fact. If somebody thinks in their genuine opinion that a scribble drawn by a five year old child looks better than the Cistine chapel, they are more than entitled to think that. Technique cannot really be disputed, but if something looks better to somebody else then nothing you or anybody else says can change that.

I'm well aware.  I wasn't going to reply back to him but I was baiting a reply with that last sentence.  The rest of the paragraph I placed there, then edited it afterwards with the my opinion being fact.

Of course you're well aware. That's the reason for my post - to spread awareness :)