By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - You've Got To Be Kidding Me: Circle Pad Add-On for 3DS XL

Do you feel like Nintendo is nickle and diming you?

Yes, the second analog st... 102 58.29%

No, and the Frankenstick ... 71 40.57%

Total:173
Cobretti2 said:
Naninho said:

Yeah, I forgot to explicitly mention those. With "complete system" I was trying to refer to the complete system (shoulders included). After all, they're clearly not interested in portability with this iteration...

As for the AC adapter, it's not the consumer who saves money. Nintendo is.

but there are people already complaining about the regular 3DS being to thick, so adding the extra buttons would cause chaos and the world would be doomed according to those people.

I still think its not as bad considering nyko has one that fits liek a glove and has extra battery pack, which the 3DS needs anyway for long term gaming.

He he, yeah, people love to complain. That's inevitable, because we humans are idiots! But with the new Circle Pad Pro Expansion, I think the complaints are fully justified.

NintendoPie said:
Naninho said:

Almost 50/50!? Nintendo fanboys here are unbelievable... Not including a second analog stick is inexcusable, but they are very imaginative to argue in its defense. Of course, they will still defend Nintendo when they inevitably include the second stick in the next redisign.

You are being ridiculous. We defended it for the correct reasons. If Nintendo puts in a second Circle Pad on the next iteration then they are just plain stupid.

No, they would not. They would be smart! That's a selling point! I think that's gonna happen. I don't know if next year or in a couple of years from now, but I think it will happen and you will suddenly like it...

Around the Network
oniyide said:
KylieDog said:

Good to see Nintendo supports this line of thinking with its non-console type games like Games like Zelda OoT 3D and Starfox 3D!  That entire argument holds no weight at all, the other 'big' games from Nintendo are Mario Kart and SM3DL which are both console type experiences, coming up is NSMB3DS and Luigi's Mansion 2, both console experiences, oh and Super Smash Bros...again console experience.

All fine for Nintendo who are literally releasing games and gameplay from the 90s, but any third party dev wishing to make a modern game with modern and improved controls is bollocked and either controls or gameplay will suffer for it, or more likely, they just will not bother supporting 3DS with many game types.

this about 90% (dont agree with that the 90s thing) but it baffles me when people say make "portable" games. Who are they to say what should be portable or not?? Nobody. THe best selling portable games for the most part have been games derived from the consoles or genre. GBA was just a SNES port machines. GBC best games were console ports. GB best selling games were spinoffs of console games (sans Pokemon, but thats an RPG). Most popular PSP games were console like. And LOL at MH, the best selling MH games have been on portables, so chew on that for a sec, Xxain

People make the portable argument because outside of obvious direct ports, the Nintendo "home console" games on handhelds are usually developed by the team that made the original game, and it's made with the handheld in mind. Where the game originated is irrelevant in that respect when Nintendo are dedicated to making the game as good as it can be on the handheld.

Meanwhile, that other company that makes handheld consoles doesn't put the same team on the handheld version of games, thus creating the impression it's not being treated in the same high regard, and that creates a perceived quality difference.

VGChartz

Naninho said:
Cobretti2 said:

'you should be able to buy a complete system directly.'

it would still be an incomplete system without the ZR and ZL shoulder buttons. so your point is kind of moot.

Also the adapter thing is a non issue. if you need one buy one, it will be there avaialble for you.  so why not save a few $$ for people who aready got one?

Yeah, I forgot to explicitly mention those. With "complete system" I was trying to refer to the complete system (shoulders included). After all, they're clearly not interested in portability with this iteration...

The consumer also saves money as well, if they have one already. If Nintendo included the AC adapter in the package then the price would go up. I myself already have 4 of those chargers. If Nintendo included one in the package and charged an extra 1,000 yen for the system plus AC adapter, then I would be losing out. I'd have to pay for another one even though I don't need it.

Now if this was a new system that had an AC adapter that was incompatible with previous ones then I wouldn't be very happy. In this case I'm alright with it as it saves me money.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
Naninho said:
Cobretti2 said:

'you should be able to buy a complete system directly.'

it would still be an incomplete system without the ZR and ZL shoulder buttons. so your point is kind of moot.

Also the adapter thing is a non issue. if you need one buy one, it will be there avaialble for you.  so why not save a few $$ for people who aready got one?

The consumer also saves money as well, if they have one already. If Nintendo included the AC adapter in the package then the price would go up. I myself already have 4 of those chargers. If Nintendo included one in the package and charged an extra 1,000 yen for the system plus AC adapter, then I would be losing out. I'd have to pay for another one even though I don't need it.

Now if this was a new system that had an AC adapter that was incompatible with previous ones then I wouldn't be very happy. In this case I'm alright with it as it saves me money.

Ehm... No, the consumer does not. Look:

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-xl-red/102942 <--- NA model (AC adapter included) = 200 USD

---

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B008DR5DNG  <--- EU model = 200 EUR

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B004ZES6B2 +AC adapter = 210 EUR

See? In Europe and Asia, the people interested in the new system who don't have a power adapter, need to pay twice for it. And those who already have a charger, must pay the price of a non-existent one. Also, you wouldn't be saving 1000 JPY, because that's just the street price of the product, and the final price of the system shouldn't rise ...

Nintendo is the sole beneficiary of this measure...

Naninho said:

Ehm... No, the consumer does not. Look:

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-xl-red/102942 <--- NA model (AC adapter included) = 200 USD

---

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B008DR5DNG  <--- EU model = 200 EUR

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B004ZES6B2 +AC adapter = 210 EUR

See? In Europe and Asia, the people interested in the new system who don't have a power adapter, need to pay twice for it. And those who already have a charger, must pay the price of a non-existent one. Also, you wouldn't be saving 1000 JPY, because that's just the street price of the product, and the final price of the system shouldn't rise ...

Nintendo is the sole beneficiary of this measure...

The economy is different in other countries for one thing, and when Nintendo did the price cut on the 3DS they were selling it at a loss.  They can't be selling the 3DS XL for that much of a profit.  Plus, the regular 3DS in those areas (using YOUR links) show it is 169 EUR.  

Also,  if Nintendo is trying to take as much money as they could, they would have made it impossible to use the adapter from the previous models on the new one.

edit: Also, all the "ridiculous" arguments and insults I threw your way was because you were using the word "fanboy."  You're the one who's really trying to start things by using a word like that, when clearly this issue is not nearly as big of an issue as you're making it into.  It really isn't.  

Around the Network

I think this one´s all about the $. Heck they are even saving the costs for including a recharging cable.

Naninho said:

NintendoPie said:
Naninho said:

Almost 50/50!? Nintendo fanboys here are unbelievable... Not including a second analog stick is inexcusable, but they are very imaginative to argue in its defense. Of course, they will still defend Nintendo when they inevitably include the second stick in the next redisign.

You are being ridiculous. We defended it for the correct reasons. If Nintendo puts in a second Circle Pad on the next iteration then they are just plain stupid.

No, they would not. They would be smart! That's a selling point! I think that's gonna happen. I don't know if next year or in a couple of years from now, but I think it will happen and you will suddenly like it...

Oh yeah! I totally would like it! *Sarcasm*

Get over it! I would think it would be stupid. Because it would be stupid. I'm not going to explain why I think that. If you want to know my reasons look for my other posts.

Dampfi said:

I think this one´s all about the $. Heck they are even saving the costs for including a recharging cable.

This one's all about the options.

Just like the DSi and DSi XL of last-gen.

milkyjoe said:
oniyide said:
KylieDog said:

Good to see Nintendo supports this line of thinking with its non-console type games like Games like Zelda OoT 3D and Starfox 3D!  That entire argument holds no weight at all, the other 'big' games from Nintendo are Mario Kart and SM3DL which are both console type experiences, coming up is NSMB3DS and Luigi's Mansion 2, both console experiences, oh and Super Smash Bros...again console experience.

All fine for Nintendo who are literally releasing games and gameplay from the 90s, but any third party dev wishing to make a modern game with modern and improved controls is bollocked and either controls or gameplay will suffer for it, or more likely, they just will not bother supporting 3DS with many game types.

this about 90% (dont agree with that the 90s thing) but it baffles me when people say make "portable" games. Who are they to say what should be portable or not?? Nobody. THe best selling portable games for the most part have been games derived from the consoles or genre. GBA was just a SNES port machines. GBC best games were console ports. GB best selling games were spinoffs of console games (sans Pokemon, but thats an RPG). Most popular PSP games were console like. And LOL at MH, the best selling MH games have been on portables, so chew on that for a sec, Xxain

People make the portable argument because outside of obvious direct ports, the Nintendo "home console" games on handhelds are usually developed by the team that made the original game, and it's made with the handheld in mind. Where the game originated is irrelevant in that respect when Nintendo are dedicated to making the game as good as it can be on the handheld.

Meanwhile, that other company that makes handheld consoles doesn't put the same team on the handheld version of games, thus creating the impression it's not being treated in the same high regard, and that creates a perceived quality difference.

wrong, Ninty doesnt always use the same teams, those Super Mario Land games were not made by the orignal director or team fromt the Mario bros games. OOT3d was not done by the orginal OOT team. Hell the Zelda Oracle and Minish cap games were not even made by Ninty so im not sure what your talking about and they were still good.

which brings me to your 2nd point, wrong. If anyone got that impression then they are fools and are ones missing out, in the real world(outside of the forums) most people dont care about who developed what. as long as its good.

But you missed the point completly, i dont know what dev teams have to do with anything. I just want to know what is a "portable" game and who decides which ones isnt.

oniyide said:

wrong, Ninty doesnt always use the same teams, those Super Mario Land games were not made by the orignal director or team fromt the Mario bros games. OOT3d was not done by the orginal OOT team. Hell the Zelda Oracle and Minish cap games were not even made by Ninty so im not sure what your talking about and they were still good.

which brings me to your 2nd point, wrong. If anyone got that impression then they are fools and are ones missing out, in the real world(outside of the forums) most people dont care about who developed what. as long as its good.

But you missed the point completly, i dont know what dev teams have to do with anything. I just want to know what is a "portable" game and who decides which ones isnt.

I absolutely agree with that point (in the bold).  There are a whole lot of people who don't know who developed what.  A lot of them hear from a friend or see some gameplay and think it's good when they play a game.