By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony buy DQX 4 Vita?

Fusioncode said:
DQ only goes to the most popular console in Japan. I doubt it will ever come to Vita, maybe to the PS4 though.

In which case, DQX should be no where near the Wii. DS and PSP outsold it... 3DS will be close to outselling it this Year.

Around the Network
Significant_leap said:
so if the Vita is, lets say, 1m in Japan, do you expect this not even proven game to do 500k fw?
nonsense...

yes, 500k is completely reasonable.

You refer to the game as unproven, but I hope you realise its arguably the biggest franchise in Japanese history. This last release shattered records everywhere.

And as I mentioned this week Persona 4 golden did 137k on the Vita in japan alone, now this is a franchise which up until now has carries almost no weight in japan. A DQ game would completely destroy these openining week numbers and will likely send hardware sales for that week to 80-100k, 90% of which will most definitely be picking up DQX.

Only possible if the Wii U turns out to be an absolutely huge flop. Even then SE would probably prefer a PS3 version.

Chance of happening: less than 1 %

DQX is already secured with Nintendo. I don't remember any certain DQ game going Multi-Plat.

Well Sony are interested in Dragon Quest X, they're advertising their USB sticks to be used with the game:

http://www.gonintendo.com/content/uploads/images/2012_6/2426d.jpg

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
DQX is already secured with Nintendo. I don't remember any certain DQ game going Multi-Plat.

Do you have a link for that? I think DQ games are never secured and they bring them over to whichever platform best suits the game.

Zuhyc said:
Only possible if the Wii U turns out to be an absolutely huge flop. Even then SE would probably prefer a PS3 version.

Chance of happening: less than 1 %

But you think square would dismiss a Vita verison if sony offers them a deal for it/

For those who say Sony doesn't have money to throw about, I would consider this  a very safe investment.

TheKoreanGuy said:
NintendoPie said:

Do you have a link for that? I think DQ games are never secured and they bring them over to whichever platform best suits the game.

Mt back-up was that I've never seen a DQ game go multi-plat.

Not really imo, if they want to spent money on a game it should be Monster Hunter 4

Nintendo and PC gamer

BasilZero said:
NintendoPie said:

I dont remember any other DQ game going online either, just saying ;p

Edit: Also if its true, being on the Wii and Wii-U makes it automatically multiplatform.

Not necessarily. Wii U and Wii might as well be the same thing in this instance. 

That's a genre switch, not what I was talking about. (A stupid genre switch.)