By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony buy DQX 4 Vita?

Fusioncode said:
DQ only goes to the most popular console in Japan. I doubt it will ever come to Vita, maybe to the PS4 though.

Thats why I'm suggesting sony pay square to make it available for the Vita aswell as the wii/wii U. It will be massive for the Vita and I don't see why square would say no?

Around the Network

Likely Nintendo has a contract with square about this.. Square would pay a hefty price for breaking the contract which Sony would have to pay..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Likely Nintendo has a contract with square about this.. Square would pay a hefty price for breaking the contract which Sony would have to pay..

This is a possibilty, but DQ typically goes to which ever platform has the highest userbase, so I wouldn't be suprised if Nintendo and Square have no such deal and the game was developed for the wii simply because it had the biggest userbase.

I don't actually think Square has any control over that game other than slapping it's publishing name on it. If the creator wants to be "Screw you Square I'm taking Dragon Quest with me" he'll damn well do that. I mean the way Wada runs the company, Dragon Quest would be on every platform possible. Plus I don't think Sony has the money necessary right now to convince the owner otherwise to actually allow a port to Vita. Hell the game isn't even coming out on PC so that has to tell you something.

Yes, yes they should.

Around the Network

I don't think this is improbable. Not to mention, Sony isn't in a good position to be money-hatting anything right now.

After reading that FFXI was/is the most profitable Final Fantasy ever this game is definitely going to do good numbers, no matter what, most likely on Wii U.

And yes, any big name game Vita can get would be welcomed. I mean... most people are hyping Hatsune Miku... that's just... not right!

how do you expect a possible Vita version to do great numbers with such an insignificant userbase?
a DQX Vita would do horribly bad compared to the Wii version, which isn going to be very successful to begin with...

Significant_leap said:
how do you expect a possible Vita version to do great numbers with such an insignificant userbase?
a DQX Vita would do horribly bad compared to the Wii version, which isn going to be very successful to begin with...

Its called a System Seller. Not only would it sell to vast majority of japanese Vita owners, but it would cause a surge in the systems sales for the whole of the holiday period. If a Persona 4 Port can manage 130K week one in japan, DQX will do closer to 500k. And as you aluded to, the wii has a dying user base and there will be plenty of people who won't interested in picking it up for the console but will be won over by the handheld version (which woud be the superior version).

Just look at monster hunter tri sales 3DS compared to the Wii. AT the time of its 3DS release the game didn't even have 1/10th of the Wii's userbase, yet the 3DS version outsold Wii version within a few months of release.

so if the Vita is, lets say, 1m in Japan, do you expect this not even proven game to do 500k fw?
nonsense...