By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bravely Default Flying Fairy OT - TGS Trailer direct feed is (finally) up! All set for release!

It's a real mystery... really!

I don't think any Final Fantasy, except Type-0 received that rating . Four Heroes of Light received a Cero A! Final Fantasy XII too!

I just can't believe this to contain mature themes. Really curious now, maybe some very emotional (or brutal) cutscene or something. I just hope the whole theme is not depressive, I want this game to be heroic, light.

Around the Network
VicViper said:

You are now a perv, sorry.

Whaddayamean "now"?

Soriku said:

5th demo up! Shows a new town (the one with the big clock) and the world map. For some reason I got the impression that the world map was really small and maybe point and click, but that's not the case. It's a PS1 FF style world map. Besides the cool clock, the desert background in that part of the world map in battles looks great. The art direction for this game is ace.

Nice, thanks for the video! It's though to keep this thread going with all the news popping, but I'll try to keep it up to date today!

There are some cool new info and pics popping up!

That lil demo on the start of the video is MH3G, right? Looks ace too :D

EDIT: Just saw it... wow. Seeing that clock tower with movement is something else - it was already beautiful in screenshots. Everything else is fantastic. This demo upped my interest even higher!

NEW CRAZY JOBS ANNOUCED!

(Man, this guy is photogenic... that's the best "crazy" pic I could find)

Bravely Default Has Pirate, Ninja, Chemist, And A New Job Made For Counterattacking

Square Enix announced for more jobs for Bravely Default: Flying Fairy. Pirates are in the game, but they don’t have peg legs or guns.

Pirates deal really high damage and use axes in battle. Chemists are the most effective when it comes to using items. In battle, they can use recovery and attack items plus hit enemies with a sword or staff.

Ninjas, just like in Final Fantasy games, wield two katanas to do heavy damage. Swordmaster is a new class that specializes in anticipating and countering attacks. They can reduce the amount of damage they take and retaliate. This class uses swords in battles.

For more about Bravely Default: Flying Fairy’s job change system check out this post. Bravely Default: Flying Fairy comes out for Nintendo 3DS on October 11 in Japan.

------

Since I love using unnusual jobs, I'll pick the chemist for sure!

spurgeonryan said:
This is a final fantasy game? 0_o

Kinda... it started development as a sequel to Final Fantasy the 4 heroes of light. But now it's a separate franchise, even if it contains a lot of similarities with FF - especially old-school FFs.

Here's some pics of the demo Soriku posted:

New Bravely Default Demo Sounds Like The Meatiest One Yet

The fifth and final demo for bravely Default: Flying Fairy will be released via the Nintendo eShop in Japan on September 12th (Wednesday). Once this new demo goes up, Square will take the previous four demos of the game down.

Square Enix say this demo will feature elements from all the ones before it, including the town, battles, jobs and abilities, but will also let you try out some of the game’s more recently revealed features like Ability Link and and Friend Summons. You’ll also get a glimpse of the town-revival system, which lets you add villagers to the game’s town of Norende through StreetPass.

Up to 20 StreetPass villagers from the demo can be transferred into the full retail game, and a new demo for Bravely Default will be shown at the Tokyo Game Show.

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy will be released on October 11th in Japan. The game has over 20 jobs that you can pick from for your party members.

Around the Network

Love the new villains too. They should all have funny lines, no doubt.
Some of those screenshots are among the best so far.

Less than one month before releasing. 100-120k FW for me, anyone care to guess too?

Well, Soriku, here's the real deal

Watch it in 720p for a treat

I love that my favorite song in the game is also the world map song... just like Final Fantasy VI

O.O
want it badly

Soriku said:

The encounter rate seems high...I hope there's ways to decrease it. Considering they even put in a fast forward feature for convenience, it'd be weird if they didn't have something to deal with the encounters.

Also, it looks like this is one of those games where the music loops after a battle :/ I don't understand why developers do this. Especially for this game since it has frequent random encounters and tracks are at least over a minute long.

Other than that, looks great.

No, watch again. I think the music starts from where it stops.

Yup, definitely does.

Soriku said:

It doesn't. Skip to 13:16. That's when the dungeon track starts. It goes up to 13:30 till the next battle is initiated. At 14:20 the battle ends and it loops again.

Ok, I give you that. But maybe just in dungeouns, cause in the world map it doesn't.