By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Black & White 2 bombed hard, only 1.6M in 2 days

Tagged games:

- Third best opening for a DS game
- Second biggest opening for a Pokemon game
- First game to sell a million units this year, on any platform
- Seventeenth best opening in Japan
- Best opening for a third version game (if you count it)

Yep, mega bomb!

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network
mysticwolf said:
Ok ok don't be hatin, I've owned every Pokemon rpg I don't hate it, just saying that the next generation never seems to be as successful as the previous. It's reasonable that Diamond and Pear sold more, because it was on a new system.

Now it seems you don't know what the word never means. Also as Rol pointed out Ruby and Sapphire were also on a new system. 

As others pointed out there is even a possibility that with Gen V the series trends upwards again. There is a chance B&W and B&W 2 outperform Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. 

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Sorry, it's seventieth not seventeenth. Still, mega bomb!

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Whats all the fuzz about..
they are some amazing sales!

Sorry again! I don't know my numbers anymore! This bomb is too much for me!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
VicViper said:
And about that graph, why doesn't it include Soul Silver and Heart Gold?

I mean, they're part of the gen too.

Because the graph is about Pokémon generations, not handheld generations.

Soul Silver and Heart Gold are remakes just like Fire Red and Leaf Green. You don't compare remakes with new games.

There's no such thing as "handheld generation".

Pokémon Generations include remakes. Should be included too.

As far as I know:

Gen 1 - RGB and Y

Gen 2 - GSC

Gen 3 - RSE FR LG

Gen 4 - DPP HG SS

Gen 5 - BW BW2

Plus, remakes sales should be used to say if a series is growing or not. Why not, it's part of the main series. So if HG SS sells more than FR LG it's a sign of improvment.

RolStoppable said:
VicViper said:

As far as I know:

Gen 1 - RGB and Y

Gen 2 - GSC

Gen 3 - RSE FR LG

Gen 4 - DPP HG SS

Gen 5 - BW BW2

Plus, remakes sales should be used to say if a series is growing or not. Why not, it's part of the main series.

Data becomes useless if it isn't properly analyzed.

But let's give your way a try: Based on OoT 3D sales, is the Zelda series growing or not?

No no, I stealthly added one more line to my previous post

But it should be compared to the other remake - since it sold more than FRLG, then it's another data proving the series is growing, not diminishing like the user who brought the graph claimed.

VicViper said:
RolStoppable said:
VicViper said:
And about that graph, why doesn't it include Soul Silver and Heart Gold?

I mean, they're part of the gen too.

Because the graph is about Pokémon generations, not handheld generations.

Soul Silver and Heart Gold are remakes just like Fire Red and Leaf Green. You don't compare remakes with new games.

As far as I know:

Gen 1 - RGB and Y

Gen 2 - GSC

Gen 3 - RSE FR LG

Gen 4 - DPP HG SS

Gen 5 - BW BW2

Plus, remakes sales should be used to say if a series is growing or not. Why not, it's part of the main series. So if HG SS sells more than FR LG it's a sign of improvment.

If you start doing it this way it becomes incredibly complicated though. Simply comparing main entries + their variation is very simple. 

Whereas the remakes don't entirely fit neatly in anywhere and it starts raising the question that if you are simply measuring the overall popularity of the pokemon series then should things like Pokemon Conquest and so forth be included? As Main gen entries + their variation + remakes made at that time would be more of a measurement of how popular the typical style of pokemon game is per each pokemon generation. However even that is kinda unclear as FireRed and LeafGreen are probably selling a fair amount based on popularity of Gen I as opposed to compatability with Gen III.

Personally I feel it should either be just main entry + variation or all pokemon games. One measures popularity of the main line games and the other measures overall popularity.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

RolStoppable said:

Yes, apples need to be compared to apples. Oranges to oranges.

So you are agreeing that remakes shouldn't be compared to new games. Good.

Of course, but any other form of showing growth of the brand without using the remakes data is wrong, imo.

Oh, nevermind, this will turn into a circle argument soon

RolStoppable said:

But let's give your way a try: Based on OoT 3D sales, is the Zelda series growing or not?

Ouch...that hit me right in the Zelda. You can certainly compare OoT3D sales to ALTTP/FS for GBA, but I have a feeling that's what you were getting at. (They're about tied right now, so I have expect Ocarina will wind up selling better, but not by too much.)

I do think the sales of FR/LG and HG/SS should be compared to each other, but not included in comparisons with previous generations. That would make about as much sense as including all of the spinoffs in the comparisons.