By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games That Are Just Pure Fun

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
amp316 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
amp316 said:
A game that I found extremely fun to play was the original Waverace. The water physics really added a new dimension to what could have been an ordinary racing game. Too bad I only got a minigame version of it on the Wii. :(

Well, surely the full version is available for download? Or is it maybe not good enough to justify that price?

No, there was a jet ski mingame on Wii Sports Resort that was similar to Waverace, but I'd have rather gotten an entire game.  Know what I'm sayin'?

I understand, but our Wii Virtual Console has the original N64 version available for download. Don't you Americans have it too?

Sure, but I have the original N64 cartridge.  I just want a new game, darn it.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

I understand, but our Wii Virtual Console has the original N64 version available for download. Don't you Americans have it too?

Sure, but I have the original N64 cartridge.  I just want a new game, darn it.

Oh, hehe. Well, that's perfectly understandable.

I only got to play a short demo version of it myself approximately 10 years ago, so I'm not too familiar with the game.

By a lot of these responses, I can see how young most of you are.

Maniac Mansion
Zack MacKracken and the Alien MindBenders
Sub Roc
Donkey Kong
Smurf Rescue
Pitfall

"Success really is decided at birth, and your life will never be better than it is right now. Sorry about that."

TheKingofRedLions said:
AndrewWK said:
fuck it I´ll say it. Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort and Sports Island I+II+III

Were you embarrassed to say that? 

No I just realized nobody else said that.

SSX Tricky, Mario and Pokemon. Back like six years ago, I played them all practically non-stop, and to a large point still do.

Around the Network

This gen:
- Twisted Metal
Funny, a lot of action and I really like to explode other cars with unconventional weapons.

- Splatterhouse
It's a bit flawy, but way too funny.

- Resistance 2
Multiplayer with 60 people.

Other gens (where there is more than one game, It's because i'm talking about the entire series):
- SS Bros 64
- California Speed
- Rally Cross
- Rampage (Master System, PS1, PS2)
- Bug's Life (PS1)
- Out Run (Master System, PS2)

Haven't played the current gen Twisted Metal. How does it compare the PS1 iterations? I have fond memories of those.

torok said:
This gen:
- Twisted Metal
Funny, a lot of action and I really like to explode other cars with unconventional weapons.

Have they finally fixed the conection issuses?

AndrewWK said:
torok said:
This gen:
- Twisted Metal

Have they finally fixed the conection issuses?

Not completely. But since last patches, it's rare to have conection issues. The online mode it's quite good now, I recomend buying it now.

MontanaHatchet said:
Haven't played the current gen Twisted Metal. How does it compare the PS1 iterations? I have fond memories of those.

It's very different. The new game follows the line of TM Black (PS2). The controls are very similar, but the game tone is darker. The destructible enviroments (actually,  you can demolish half of the city when playing. Running trough houses with a truck is the best part of it!) , good car damage models and variety of weapons and game modes are a good improvement too.

I've played a lot of TM 4, but I think that the new is a nice improvement. Basically, grimmier tone, best graphics, enviroments and damage models, more game modes and a online multiplayer. I recommend playing TM Black too. If you find the special edition of TM for PS3 (I've bought it), you'll receive a download code for TM Black. 

I might get it after it drops the price a bit.