By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When will the Vita get THE game.

They already anounced a killer ip for the vita and this game is called Soul Sacrifice. This will boost the vita by a large margin.

And besides i do think that a Gran Turismo, God of War and Golden Abyss 2 is in development long time ago. They only need to anounce it.

Around the Network

From where I sit, Sony has always been carried by their third parties. It was a third party paradise during the PS1 and PS2 days. Sony actually launched the PS2 without a single first party game (except FantaVision--if you consider that a game) because of this. They did have the Gran Turismo franchise and, near the end of last gen, they had God of War. Aside from that, Sony has historically had a ton of franchises that were decent but often forgettable. That sorta changed this gen with Sony being forced to create some new IP's and really push older IP's but, at this point, I have to say that Sony doesn't have a single franchise that will get people to line up to buy new hardware like Microsoft has with Halo or Nintendo has with Mario, Pokemon, or Zelda.

God of War, Uncharted, Gran Turismo--all great series but I don't think any of them will "put asses in the seats" when it comes to selling the Vita. That franchise that will sell the Vita has yet to be created. Even all of the new IP's that Sony has pushed this gen aren't big enough yet. They still need to grow. Their best bet will be Battle Royal but I don't think that game is going to be huge, either--AND it's not exclusive to the Vita.

The Vita may be able to sell based on a strong library of good games but a lot of people are like me (unless you speak of the Wii) where they won't buy new hardware unless there is that one "must-have" title available to play. That initial purchase is a tough pill to swallow without that motivation.

SunofKratos said:
They already anounced a killer ip for the vita and this game is called Soul Sacrifice. This will boost the vita by a large margin.

And besides i do think that a Gran Turismo, God of War and Golden Abyss 2 is in development long time ago. They only need to anounce it.

Soul Sacrifice will end up like Gravity Rush in the west. No doubt it will be amazing but it will also get no advertisements. In Japan though it definitely could become the equivalent of Monster Hunter if Sony doesn't screw it up.

GT and GOW will be great but it is too soon for another Uncharted. GA is still selling relatively well as new people buy Vitas. I don't want GA 2 till it can look and play as good as Among Theives, hopefully holidays 2014 :)

Jumpin said:

I think the Vita will be done with in about 2 years. It's the Sega Saturn of handhelds.

You've been saying that since it was announced. Let's see if you're right.

On Topic: The only game that might turn out to be "THE Game" that has the potential to boost Vita sales like Monster Hunter is Soul Sacrifice. Other games, like COD and AC might help, but not tremendously.

the Vita needs time, but it also needs something relevant until the big hitters arrive, Uncharted is the only one but its not enough, and games require a lot of time to be made, thats why are porting MGS and FF to the Vita, to make some time...

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
a 100€ price drop would be the Vita killer App
What I don´t understand about the Vita is, it sold more then 2 million devices and the only game with decent sales is Uncharted Golden Abyss everything else sells like it is cursed. Has any other game even surpassed the 400k mark?

The PS Vita has every retail game also available from PSN. Add in the fact most games are cheaper to buy digital copies and you can better understand its software sales. Although Sony doesn't release online sales, we can assume games are doing much better than the numbers show.

"we can assume games are doing much better than the numbers show."
Digital sales? much better? is that a joke?

JoeTheBro said:
AndrewWK said:
a 100€ price drop would be the Vita killer App
What I don´t understand about the Vita is, it sold more then 2 million devices and the only game with decent sales is Uncharted Golden Abyss everything else sells like it is cursed. Has any other game even surpassed the 400k mark?

The PS Vita has every retail game also available from PSN. Add in the fact most games are cheaper to buy digital copies and you can better understand its software sales. Although Sony doesn't release online sales, we can assume games are doing much better than the numbers show.

Digital Distribution on the PS vita is not more then 25%

Well I own a Vita myself and I like the system but there is one major gripe I have about it: Sony is throwing Gigabytes at you as if you have a 320GB HDD in this thing just like my PS3 has. But this is not the case and the memory for this thing is fucking expensive. That's why I think the number of digital sales will not be very big. Sure, you can juggle ur stuff around via ps3 or content manager on pc, but its a hassle I'm not willing to take, it's not as convenient as iTunes for example.

I have more gripes about it but they are not relevant to this topic^^ Let's just say, whatever THE game will be, I pray to god that it will ignore the back touchpad. After Escape Plan I hate this thing so much.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Maybe it will be a new IP that is not even announced yet.It is kind of crazy to not make a MH for the Vita considering how awesome it did on the psp. Really tho, what game in the west has that kind of power that is not a Nintendo Franchise.

When I look back on these first months of the Vita it will probably be pretty funny trying to guess what games skyrocketed the sales.

The personal game for me on the PSP was monster hunter.