By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do You think Obama's going to Be Impeached?

spaceguy said:
fast and furious was started by bush, also how does this have anything to do with Obama. This was way below him but I would not put it past Republicans. They have nothing and that is why they are doing this whole case. What a joke.

so much misinformation in this thread.

it  was not started under bush, it was started in 2009. 

man everything is bush's fault with you libs, even things that happened after his was out of office for almost 2 years

Around the Network
killerzX said:
spaceguy said:
fast and furious was started by bush, also how does this have anything to do with Obama. This was way below him but I would not put it past Republicans. They have nothing and that is why they are doing this whole case. What a joke.

man everything is bush's fault with you libs, even things that happened after his was out of office for almost 2 years

I have to say, that's one of my biggest gripes with Dems new tactic of late.  If things are going great, it was all them.  When their policies are failing or not making anything better, it was Bush's fault.  I bet if Obama was reelected, and even after 6 years of him being in office, if things weren't going so great he would still be blamimg Bush.  And all his Dem supporters would be standing there with him, regardless of how the country was going.

thismeintiel said:
killerzX said:
spaceguy said:

I have to say, that's one of my biggest gripes with Dems new tactic of late.  If things are going great, it was all them.  When their policies are failing or not making anything better, it was Bush's fault.  I bet if Obama was reelected, and even after 8-50years of him being in office, if things weren't going so great he would still be blamimg Bush.  And all his Dem supporters would be standing there with him, regardless of how the country was going.

fixed

Some serious misinfo in this thread, chief of which is that Issa is asking for documents having to do with the false statement DoJ made in February 2011 to the congressional investigation into F&F and then retracted in Nov. In the first statement DoJ claimed they had no knwoledge of F&F. The evidence piled up to where they had to retract that claim. Issa wants documents having to do with who knew what and when and if the DoJ coordinated a cover up. This has nothing to do with Bush and little to do with even the ATF at this point. It's simply about whether or not high ups in the DoJ in 2011 purposefully mislead the congressional investigation.

Not much will change, he has accomplished next to nothing nor has he honored any of his promises. Whatever, he'll probably make it through with pretty little speeches and taking credit for others work.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
EdHieron said:
Mr Khan said:
I wouldn't put it past the Republicans. They tried it with Clinton, and that was only a midterm election year, having him under impeachment would be a good way to throw the election in their favor, whether or not he or Holder acted wrongly.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of.

Lying under oath shouldn't be an impeachable offense?

dhummel said:
Some serious misinfo in this thread, chief of which is that Issa is asking for documents having to do with the false statement DoJ made in February 2011 to the congressional investigation into F&F and then retracted in Nov. In the first statement DoJ claimed they had no knwoledge of F&F. The evidence piled up to where they had to retract that claim. Issa wants documents having to do with who knew what and when and if the DoJ coordinated a cover up. This has nothing to do with Bush and little to do with even the ATF at this point. It's simply about whether or not high ups in the DoJ in 2011 purposefully mislead the congressional investigation.

This.  I think originally they were asking for ~140,000 documents, which I admit was a bit much.  However, they narrowed it down to ~8 months worth, which amounted to ~1,300 documents.  I don't see this as too much to ask for, especially since we have 2 dead agents and 100's of dead Mexicans at the hands of these guns.  And those numbers will rise, as there are still ~1,300 of those guns unaccounted for.

badgenome said:
spaceguy said:

I think you legalize all of it and regulate the harder drugs a lot harder. This takes a lot of the power out of the kingpins hands. Yes there is always going to be someone but you take 90-95% of there money.

Not if you tax and regulate it too much, you won't. The black market is already too well established.

You are absolutely right, that's why I still buy my alcohol from the Capones!!

DaHuuuuuudge said:

You are absolutely right, that's why I still buy my alcohol from the Capones!!

Read the "if" there, because apparently you missed it. But yeah, despite your flippant comment and how archaic the idea sounds, there are still bootleggers even now. Particularly in dry counties. People buy black market cigarettes as well, which is probably the better example to look at since the government is always cranking up the price of smokes. A lot of anti-drug war types are always banging on about how great it will be to tax and regulate the shit out of drugs, but unless you treat narcotics basically like any other product - which means accepting the fact that they're going to be cheap as hell - you will not cut the legs out from under the dealers. Given the way nanny state fuckheads want to regulate people's intake of food, I don't think that's going to happen.

badgenome said:
Kasz216 said:

I wonder how much cheaper persciption drugs would be if people could buy them recreationally.

A lot, I should think. I can't imagine why it should be any different than anything else, like the food and sodas that do-gooders like Michael Bloomberg are always complaining about being too cheap for the serving size.

yes this would get the middle man out of the way. Also look at canada. They are cheap up there.