By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do You think Obama's going to Be Impeached?

It seems that Obama's Attorney General Eric Holder could very likely be held in contempt of Congress  for the gun running in Mexico scandal  and this could lead to an impeachment of Obama since he's extended Exceutive Priviledge to Holder.  Do you think Obama will be impeached thus giving the United States over to the Ass Clown and Evil Conservatives?

Around the Network

I wouldn't put it past the Republicans. They tried it with Clinton, and that was only a midterm election year, having him under impeachment would be a good way to throw the election in their favor, whether or not he or Holder acted wrongly.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
I wouldn't put it past the Republicans. They tried it with Clinton, and that was only a midterm election year, having him under impeachment would be a good way to throw the election in their favor, whether or not he or Holder acted wrongly.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of.

GW Bush didn't get impeached. Clinton wasn't removed from office due to impeachment hearings. Why would Obama? Fast and Furious? Remind me how much worse this is than Iran-Contra.

EdHieron said:

It seems that Obama's Attorney General Eric Holder could very likely be held in contempt of Congress  for the gun running in Mexico scandal  and this could lead to an impeachment of Obama since he's extended Exceutive Priviledge to Holder.  Do you think Obama will be impeached thus giving the United States over to the Ass Clown and Evil Conservatives?

Wat? There is no grounds for impeachment.

Presidents have executive privlage abilities, Clinton used it 14 times and Bush used it 8 times. This is obama's first time using it. People might be annoyed, but it's not grounds for impeachment.. >_>

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
GW Bush didn't get impeached. Clinton wasn't removed from office due to impeachment hearings. Why would Obama? Fast and Furious? Remind me how much worse this is than Iran-Contra.

I don't know how much worse it is.  I just know that due to the strengths of their various propaganda outlets that it looks like a lot of public opinion in the US is with the Conservatives and the last thing Obama needs is impeachment charges hanging over his head down the homestretch of the Presidential election.

EdHieron said:
richardhutnik said:

I don't know how much worse it is.  I just know that due to the strengths of their various propaganda outlets that it looks like a lot of public opinion in the US is with the Conservatives and the last thing Obama needs is impeachment charges hanging over his head down the homestretch of the Presidential election.

My brother, who I hardly ever hear from, sends me a message over Facebook about this, and goes, "What is Obama hiding?".  He is a partisan Republican.  These individuals gave the last administration a pass.  I do have to wonder about this.  As far as I am concerned, Fast and Furious is more government incompetency found in the war on drugs.  Do something even more desperate by letting guns through and then hope to trace where they end up.  They return and shoot up U.S law enforcement officials.

GW had Abu Graib, and this would likely be comparible.  The way politics works, doing what Obama did gets turned around as a weapon.  The denial is worse than the act sometimes.

Of course, it could be spun as some sort of partisan attack, and used to score points.  Obama did allow the birthers to really rail and scream about that issue.  Once things went real nuts, out came the long form birth certificate, causing Trump to drop out of the race.

Impeached? No.

Voted out of office? Hell yeah!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

President Obama will just force Eric Holder or someone else to pull an "Ollie North" and take the bullet for the white house.

Can someone supply a source for the information on this subject so people who haven't seen/heard about it yet can read up on it and voice their opinion on the matter?