By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo bought the Wi icontroller from Midway!!!

The America. You either sue or get sued.
Lawyers go where the money go.

Around the Network

I posted this 38 minutes after they aired it (fox didn't even have the story up on their site yet).

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=14357#end

All I have to say is that this is the most credible case I've seen so far.

Wiimote? Stolen? Nothing is right... Nothing... Next thing you'll know, Mario was stolen from a 1940's toilet commercial, from Italy...

Once again Shade, it's not going to happen for all the reasons I've listed and the reason's listed in the video. It's not as credible as you'd think. Sure it looks similar with him punching, but the tech is completely different and so his patents have no merit.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

CURSE NINTENDO AND THEIR THEIVERY!!

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:
Once again Shade, it's not going to happen for all the reasons I've listed and the reason's listed in the video. It's not as credible as you'd think. Sure it looks similar with him punching, but the tech is completely different and so his patents have no merit.

I said he had the most "Credibility" compared to past claims, Not that this is automatically he's invention. Motion Sensing has been done in the past before and each time it's been done differently almost never the same. Clearly his invention does not even look like a Wii-mote but it does have some similarities in the functionality.

They are both controlled by motion are they not?

They're separate and able to fit in two hands right?

That's where the similarities end on the outside but went he goes into detail about the what's inside the controller did he not mention a accelerometer inside both controllers? that's why I said this is the most credible case (even the timeframe) whether or not he is the official creator of this they do in fact have similarities.

As I said before in my post Nintendo acted at the right time because apparently everyone was thinking of going Motion control at the same time Sony/and a bunch of various software companies and apparently this guy.

I very much doubt Nintendo stole the idea from anyone. What most likely happen is that Nintendo start designing the wii-mote. Then so they dont get sued, by boneheads that patent shit in the hopes of suing in the future. They check what similar patents are out their and buy them.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Shade said:
I posted this 38 minutes after they aired it (fox didn't even have the story up on their site yet).

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=14357#end

All I have to say is that this is the most credible case I've seen so far.

Sorry, man, I did a quick check in the forums, but hadn't seen anything recent. I thought it was interesting cause his is one of the few ideas that I'ev seen that actually looked reasonable, and he also stated that he's not intending to sue. This likely is just a simple case that he wanted to get his idea noticed so that he could put that on his resume.

"developed wiimote style control 8 years before Wii came out" sounds pretty favorable to me. 

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

twesterm said:
I don't know, that controller looks more like the SIXAXIS to me but I guess Nintendo is the bigger target.

Anyways, hopefully that guy used the money to invest in some pants.

What the hell are you talking about?  The guy in the video was using it almost exactly like the Wii remote/Nunchuck combo.