By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct 2012-06-22 Thread

Next week there's capcom summer jam.

MH is confirmed to have a panel, last hope for 3G.
It's a japanese convention, but they announced Monster Hunter Tri for the west in TGS... so there's at least a minimal hope.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Wow just saw that picture, Namco working on next SSB, I just hope they dont kill it like they did with Star Fox...

Anyways, pretty sure Nintendo will want to keep SSB safe and not so different from the other games in the series. Hoping for some Soul Calibur, Tekken and Tales series characters/items/cameos *-*

Edit: Hell maybe we'll even see some Xenosaga ;p

I was just saying that.

Got to think this is a cost cutting measure however, since that is why they did it on the GC with F-Zero to a Sega team (who did GREAT) and Star Fox to Namco team (who did below average at best). But Nintendo is bold with letting other Japanese companies play with their IPs, just hope this isn't another one of those bite you in the arse times.

Someone must be a fan of the One Piece party fighting games.

Galaki said:
Namco is getting cozy with Nintendo.

Nintendo seems to be getting a lot cozier with a lot of the third-parties in general.

Consider their (rumoured) co-ownership of Fatal Frame with Tecmo Koei, Nintendo having Team Ninja make Metroid Other M, and Nintendo publishing Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge for Team Ninja. It's not the only instance, either.

NoirSon said:
BasilZero said:

Wow just saw that picture, Namco working on next SSB, I just hope they dont kill it like they did with Star Fox...

Anyways, pretty sure Nintendo will want to keep SSB safe and not so different from the other games in the series. Hoping for some Soul Calibur, Tekken and Tales series characters/items/cameos *-*

Edit: Hell maybe we'll even see some Xenosaga ;p

I was just saying that.

Got to think this is a cost cutting measure however, since that is why they did it on the GC with F-Zero to a Sega team (who did GREAT) and Star Fox to Namco team (who did below average at best). But Nintendo is bold with letting other Japanese companies play with their IPs, just hope this isn't another one of those bite you in the arse times.

Someone must be a fan of the One Piece party fighting games.

Well, looks like it's in good hands.

A few new details have been revealed regarding Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. Tetsuya Akatsuka (the art and sound director for the SoulCalibur series) and the main development team from the Tekken series will be working on the project alongside Director Yoshito Higuchi (Tales of Vesperia) and Producer Kenya Kobayashi (Ridge Racer).

+ Sakurai as director + SORA. No panic yet

What is wrong with NoA? Yes all the 3DS are great news, but why did they chose to ignore the Wii? Only Pikmin 2 (already out) and Kirby collection (already knew) were mentioned.
What about bringing some titles that NoE already translated? Pandora's Tower, Fatal Frame 2 and now Inazuma Eleven Striker should not be Japan and Europe exclusives, SPECIALLY after NoE already did the costly part (translation).

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
c03n3nj0 said:
No AC adapter?

But.. I skipped out on the 3DS waiting for a redesign... and... and...

da fuck?

I think it was mentioned that the DSi, DSi XL, 3DS and 3DS XL all use the same AC adapter, so if you have a DSi model, it's not going to be that big of an issue.

It's a strange decision by Nintendo though, they are really starting to nickel and dime now.

Including the craddle would be ideal for a handheld of this size, it's built for home use.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

VicViper said:

Well, looks like it's in good hands.

A few new details have been revealed regarding Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. Tetsuya Akatsuka (the art and sound director for the SoulCalibur series) and the main development team from the Tekken series will be working on the project alongside Director Yoshito Higuchi (Tales of Vesperia) and Producer Kenya Kobayashi (Ridge Racer).

+ Sakurai as director + SORA. No panic yet

It will be interesting to see the influences those guys have on the direction of the game. I know a few guys who haven't always been the biggest Smash fans yet love Tekken, so maybe I can get them to join in this time around...

VGChartz