By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New LBP Video W/New Info

@Borkachev

They were shown at CES08 last week along with 'Death'

Around the Network
Devilstation said:
I am more hyped than ever about this game, after watching that vid.

I think stuff like this should have been left until closer to its release though.
This is because i feel the hype will die off if they release too much information to early.

In a game like this you don't have a lack of information, if you run out of stuff you can just spend like an afternoon finding a new way to use the engine and game to come up with new unthought of games and ways of doing stuff... without altering code or anything. Just seeing new possibilities.

Seriously, a little imagination in games like this can go a LONG way... and games like this have so many possibilities some of them may not be realized until people are talking about the PS4's 2nd year games.

Games looks boring. I predict a major flop.

Well, it's not really predicting, more like stating a fact to come.

@Borkachev

Do you remember which video it was and where they showed up?

Once they start talking about enemies, there are all sorts of other questions to ask. If they can kill you, can you kill them? And if so, how can players build their own enemies? Is there some kind of special template for an object that "dies" when you stomp on it or something? I wonder when we'll get answers to this stuff.

I've got to say it...when I first saw this game I was like "meh."  Seemed like a "kiddie" game to me and just didn't appeal.  The more I saw of it though, the more it seemed just really cool and fun, NOT like a "kiddie" game.  Then I saw the stuff about creating levels and was blown away.  How does the thing know that when you make a circle object and attach it to a box to AUTOMATICALLY make it a turning wheel and start the thing to rolling?  The way the physics ties in with objects is flat out mind blowing.  I've never seen anything like this and I'm pretty sure it's the first of it's kind.  At leas the first to be even NEAR this sophisticated.

Now LBP is one of my most anticipated titles.  I'm praying I get in on the beta and will definitely buy it day one...assuming I can even FIND it for sale on that day.  Actually, I'll pre-order but you know what I mean.  The more I see it the more I'm convinced that LBP has the potential easily to be the "next big thing" in 2008.  Wouldn't surprise me to see it in magazine articles, on the news, etc (Even something like 60 minutes or the like).  It has such broad appeal and seems to be such good clean and intriguing fun, it won't surprise me not matter HOW big it gets.  Of course, it COULD flop, but I just don't think that's likely.  Anyway, there's my opinion.  We'll see what happens! 

Around the Network

OMG I want to cry, or maybe I'm falling sleep, yeah, thats it, I'm falling asleep, I really don't want to this game ends up like a flop, I really like it and I think it deserves to be see it like something fresh (Not that fresh but still great...)

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Borkachev said:

@Borkachev

Do you remember which video it was and where they showed up?

Once they start talking about enemies, there are all sorts of other questions to ask. If they can kill you, can you kill them? And if so, how can players build their own enemies? Is there some kind of special template for an object that "dies" when you stomp on it or something? I wonder when we'll get answers to this stuff.

This should answer a few of your questions...lbp@CES08 in 3 parts

CES08Part1

CES08Part2

CES08Part3

LBP looks like it will get fantastic - the only way it will flop if the PS3 demographic is not strong enough to support it. On Wii this thing would be gigantic in sales.

So its up to PS3 owners to atually invest and vote for something fresh like LBP. I note that a lot of PS3 owners complain that 360 is all about FPS and shooting and they want more variety on the PS3... well, what's LBP if not exactly that.

I can't wait to sit with my two sons and have fun with this.

This game just gets better and better. The solid snake costume lol. I have never bought a game day one, but this may be my first day one purchase.

I want that snake sack boy!

Yes