By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New LBP Video W/New Info

I wasn't very hyped for this game at first. And then I was really hyped when I watched some more videos. But now a while later I'm not very hyped anymore, because I realised that the actual gameplay they have shown doesn't seem like much fun (in the long run). The game seems very slow, I have seen no type of enemies at all and there is almost no competition between the players (I love coop, but since there seem to be no actual threat in the levels to eliminate, what's the fun?). The thing that seems the most fun about it is creating the levels, not playing them.

If they actually have alot of stuff they haven't shown yet, it could still come out great though.

Around the Network

Wow that video made me alot more excited for lpb. At first i just didnt get but now that they talk about enemies, how u can die, checkpoints etc. i have become alot more interested. They showed a solid snake sack man, i wonder in kojima would create a level, thatd be something to see.

i like this game a lot i cant wait till i get to play this game

I wasn't very hyped at first

but now slowly I am gettinng hyped

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

not my type of game, but it seems like a promising title

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
Games looks boring. I predict a major flop.

Well, it's not really predicting, more like stating a fact to come.

QFT. It looks...boring. Who wants to play with voodoo dolls? It's not that colorful, but it has a lot of detail. Looks like a game that came from Mexico.

QFT. It looks...boring. Who wants to play with voodoo dolls?

Quite a few people, apparently. If you guys haven't noticed, this is one of the most hyped games on any platform right now.

tombi123 said:
Garcian Smith said:
tombi123 said:
Garcian Smith said:
I have to hand it to Sony: they've got the entire Internet in a fervor about this title, without having released a single real gameplay trailer. Sort of reminds me of Lair...

The hype for Lair was because of the graphics, the hype for LBP is because of the gameplay.

The gameplay... that they haven't really shown yet?

What? Haven't you been watching?

So people are excited about what seems to amount to a slow, bare-bones 2D platformer?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

It is the concept of this game that is most exciting; the idea of being able to create a level from scratch (design backgrounds/scenery, add custom music and create your own physics based items). You can also give away user created items for completing specific tasks in your level. These items can only be given away in your level, not by other people (as you created it). This means if someone sees an item they like somewhere, they have to play your level to unlock it. Now you can even create your own characters and enimies!

Even better, your level can then be rated by users, and you could be ranked the best designer in the World etc. There is even the possiblity of game companies offering you a job if they think you have inovative ideas.

The possiblities for this game are endless and @Garcian Smith it is much more than a 2D platformer, it is about creativity.

I have had many ideas for levels already. I don't want to give away too many of my ideas away, but for those who think every level will be the same, here is one idea.

RAGDOLL PINBALL
Imagine being fired up and around a pinball machine. The person who gets the most points/items wins.

So people are excited about what seems to amount to a slow, bare-bones 2D platformer?

If you don't get it after watching this, you never will and there's no point having this conversation.