By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is the most you have given to a homeless person?

Tagged games:

What is the most you have given a homeless person?

More than $20. Yeah, Karm... 7 12.50%

$10 to $20. I like to help out. 9 16.07%

$5 to $10. Beer or food covered. 7 12.50%

$1 to $4. Check out the $1 menu. 9 16.07%

$.01 cent to $.99 a little goes a long way 1 1.79%

I would help out, but I'm low on cash. 0 0%

I don't give $$ to bums.... 16 28.57%

Resultz! 7 12.50%

Total:56

Today a homeless man asked me for some money to grab a bite to eat. Without hesitation I pulled out a $5 and gave it to him. I have no clue if the money was going toward food, booze, drugs, smokes or paying for a cell phone bill.

I have seen homeless of all types. Some with creative signs such as:

"Human kindness test"

"Need money for 420 and beer"

"Prostitutes aren't cheep"

"Will eat for money"

Do you have a good homeless story?

Around the Network

Zero, because (at least in the UK) these people are choosing to be homeless and there is plenty of help available if wanted. Late at night in town I've seen groups of them having actual parties in the street with alcohol.

Only reason I'd give is if the buskers were playing a video game song or something.

$.25

spurgeonryan said:
I gave like three bucks, but I got some post cards in return. Usually they are on the street and I throw change at them as I drive by. Figure its better than nothing and hope they do not get hit by traffic as they go and get it.

A drive by coining?

usually about -X dollars

where X equals the amount of money they have on them.

Yes...i rob homeless people.

Around the Network

i don't really understand why people should talk about the amount they gave to homeless or charity. about giving homeless money: i think everyone should rather ask those if they can buy them something on the market to eat or clothes or whatever and if they say they only want money, you should know they don't need your money just to buy a new bottle vodka or heroin

if someone would say he could need a scarf or some bananas or so i would buy it, if he would say he only wants money and will buy something for that, no money from me.

but here were i live aren't homeless that's why i can't do that^^

A beer (Not money, a actual beer)

crissindahouse said:

i don't really understand why people should talk about the amount they gave to homeless or charity. about giving homeless money: i think everyone should rather ask those if they can buy them something on the market to eat or clothes or whatever and if they say they only want money, you should know they don't need your money just to buy a new bottle vodka or heroin

if someone would say he could need a scarf or some bananas or so i would buy it, if he would say he only wants money and will buy something for that, no money from me.

but here were i live aren't homeless that's why i can't do that^^

Wow! No homeless. They are everywhere here. I can't go a day without at least seeing 5-10 outside.

a jar of peanut butter, box of crackers, some T-shirts, underwear, and socks.

Money to a homeless man!? None.

Though I have a funny story, a friend actually told me that he declined giving money to a homeless person because when asked what the money was for he said it was for drugs lol.