By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who DON'T you want to appear in Battle Royale? OPM lists their 10 unwanted cast list

Tagged games:

I just dont want to see 2 playable characters from the same game/series to be in battle royal unless of course its a hero/ villain mix

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
bouzane said:
Mr Khan said:
bouzane said:
Mr Khan said:
PS All-Stars could attain levels of legendary-ness unobtained by any fighting game since Fighters Megamix if they included the flOwer.

+1 for remembering Fighters Megamix. I swear, if there was a single shred of basic competence anywhere to be found in SEGA they would make a sequel.

Ironically i've never played it. I just know it was doing crossover-fighter before Smash Bros (of course, King of Fighters was, too, but SNK's crew is so obscure that you can pretty much count KoF as its own franchise, as its better-known than the games that its fighters originated from), and that it had some really, really strange characters in it.

Good Saturn emulators are supposed to be hard to come by, so i doubt i could get my hands on the game anyway, without the extensive effort of finding an actual device.

Does it play like Sonic the Fighters?

I never even heard of Sonic the Fighters before now. I have little experience with Fighters Megamix but the actual gameplay mechanics were similar to Virtua Fighter and there were odd gameplay modes such as Girls (only female fighters), Muscle (only power fighters), Smart Guys, etc...

http://www.giantbomb.com/41-hornet/93-3615/all-images/52-430887/fighters_megamix_profilelarge/51-1338683/

When the rumors of a Sony crossover fighting game started to circulate across the Internet I hoped for something like either Fighters Megamix or Marvel vs Capcom. Instead we get a watered down Smash Bros :(

can we at least wait until we've played the game before calling it a "watered down" anything?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
bouzane said:
Mr Khan said:
bouzane said:
Mr Khan said:
PS All-Stars could attain levels of legendary-ness unobtained by any fighting game since Fighters Megamix if they included the flOwer.

+1 for remembering Fighters Megamix. I swear, if there was a single shred of basic competence anywhere to be found in SEGA they would make a sequel.

Ironically i've never played it. I just know it was doing crossover-fighter before Smash Bros (of course, King of Fighters was, too, but SNK's crew is so obscure that you can pretty much count KoF as its own franchise, as its better-known than the games that its fighters originated from), and that it had some really, really strange characters in it.

Good Saturn emulators are supposed to be hard to come by, so i doubt i could get my hands on the game anyway, without the extensive effort of finding an actual device.

I never even heard of Sonic the Fighters before now. I have little experience with Fighters Megamix but the actual gameplay mechanics were similar to Virtua Fighter and there were odd gameplay modes such as Girls (only female fighters), Muscle (only power fighters), Smart Guys, etc...

http://www.giantbomb.com/41-hornet/93-3615/all-images/52-430887/fighters_megamix_profilelarge/51-1338683/

When the rumors of a Sony crossover fighting game started to circulate across the Internet I hoped for something like either Fighters Megamix or Marvel vs Capcom. Instead we get a watered down Smash Bros :(

can we at least wait until we've played the game before calling it a "watered down" anything?

Alright but to say that I have reservations about a blatant Smash Bros knockoff is like saying that Smash Bros is simplistic compared Virtua Fighter. I really, really wanted Battle Royale to be anything but a Smash Bros clone.

bouzane said:
Mr Khan said:
bouzane said:
Mr Khan said:

When the rumors of a Sony crossover fighting game started to circulate across the Internet I hoped for something like either Fighters Megamix or Marvel vs Capcom. Instead we get a watered down Smash Bros :

Sonic the Fighters was made around the same time (1998) but was Arcade-only, and is only playable on consoles in the form of Sonic Gems Collection, which was GameCube-exclusive in Japan and North America although also on PS2 in PAL, so i was wondering if it had been made by the same team and thus would play similarly, but that screen does look a lot like Virtua Fighter 2, from what little i know of that game.

Huh, the videos are claiming Sonic the Fighters is like Virtua Fighter, so maybe i'd like Virtua Fighter, and Fighters Megamix...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

bouzane said:
Ajescent said:
bouzane said:
Mr Khan said:
bouzane said:
Mr Khan said:

Alright but to say that I have reservations about a blatant Smash Bros knockoff is like saying that Smash Bros is simplistic compared Virtua Fighter. I really, really wanted Battle Royale to be anything but a Smash Bros clone.

Let's not start this again please.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Around the Network

This list is dumb because of the reasoning behind it.

"So, Niko Bellic and 50 Cent, why shouldn't they be in PSABR? Oh, I know, because they are so mean and violent and PSABR is a funny arcade brawler!"

I can't believe nobody read over this and thought:

"Hmmmmm....hmmmmmm....Kratos is in it........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...nope, list is fine."

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

@ chandler I don't see anywhere in the OP him saying he didn't want chars bc they are to violent. Did it ever cross your mind that ppl are picking chars they just don't want to see. I mean really I would hate to have to look at 50 cent in any game :D

OPM's reasoning for not wanting "fiddy"

In Fiddy’s surprisingly playable, but utterly ludicrous shooter, one of his special moves is literally stabbing a man in the ass with a giant knife. Somehow, we feel this may jar with All-Stars’ playful arcade combat.

ikol said:
@ chandler I don't see anywhere in the OP him saying he didn't want chars bc they are to violent. Did it ever cross your mind that ppl are picking chars they just don't want to see. I mean really I would hate to have to look at 50 cent in any game :D

There are links in the original OP, which lead to the original article / list......

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Like I said in the Gilga's thread, I think instead of outright cloning SSB, they should have also incorporated some styles from the Vs series by Capcom, with name mainly. It would've gave them more wiggle room as well as more options especially with third-party characters.