By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jimmy Fallon vs E3 Last of Us demo...exactly how much of it is scripted?

Which demo was scripted?

Both of em, no one was playing either 39 32.23%

E3, it's a massive deal,... 13 10.74%

Jimmy...it's Jimmy's au... 10 8.26%

Neither, just small, tiny... 11 9.09%

None of it, since it's t... 47 38.84%

Total:120
Slimebeast said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Slimebeast said:
That was sad. So scripted that I want to puke. And ND are officially liars now.

facepalm

please tell me you are being sarcastic?

No. Did you see the video? It's all right there, every action is scripted for maximum cinematic effect.

-_-

read heavenly kings post

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

I am not for sure but I am pretty positive one the devs for the game said that this game will be a "wide linear" game. So ya it is scripted in what the AI will react to but we as the player have multiple ways to play through a level. Hopefully someone can confirm that I was not dreaming that.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Slimebeast said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Slimebeast said:

facepalm

No. Did you see the video? It's all right there, every action is scripted for maximum cinematic effect.

-_-

read heavenly kings post

Well he is wrong. He is referring to AI when an action didn't happen due to AI but due to a simple script. Like enemy movement. The guy who flanked didn't do it thanks to AI, he did it only because our protagonist entered the room. There was a script, a trigger consisting of an invisible line on the floor that as soon as the protagonist crossed that line, the guy would go and position himself beside that door. Another script is when we close in on the door, when that script is triggered the guy will make the attacking animation trying to stab the player.

And Ellie is dumb as fuck. She has no AI in this whole demo, all her actions were due to scripts triggered by the movement of our protagonist.

Most likely heavily scripted for the sake of E3. Sure they claimed it won't be scripted, but that's probably just a goal at this point because the demo was still likely scripted. I mean, why is The Last of Us pretty much the only video game showing on Jimmy Fallon ever that didn't let Fallon play?

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

M.U.G.E.N said:
Slimebeast said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Slimebeast said:

facepalm

-_-

read heavenly kings post

you can probably play it on different ways like people who played it already said but in the fallon demo, every enemy is doing exactly the same as they did in the e3 demo. one guy trying to run in the room exactly the same second and got shot then, one guy hiding in the room to get in a close combat with you when you go in that room, on guy standing behind the couch when you come out of the room and jumping behind the couch exactly at the same time and one guy coming when he hears your empty weapon and walking exactly to the same position to get the brick on the head thrown by ellie so you can punch him exatcly against the same wall. why did all enemies act exactly the same way if it wasn't scripted? that would be huge coincidence.

if it would have been really a.i. they wouldn't have all done exactly the same exactly at the same moment in both demos. 

but yeah, people who played it said it played different that's why i believe them and think it's a version made to show to public (to show close combat, ellie helping you out of a bad situation, hit response and so on)

Around the Network

Obviously those 2-3 minutes can play out differently, if you decided to take a different route compared to the demo guy. But in that route are simply alternative scripts.

The enemies in this demo show no AI whatsoever, all their actions are determined by scripts.

Slimebeast said:

In another demo they showed the press, the same section was played out completely differently. 

Andrespetmonkey said:
Slimebeast said:

In another demo they showed the press, the same section was played out completely differently. 

Of course but that doesn't say it's not scripted.

You could obviously decide to not go inside the room to the right, where that guy with the club is waiting. Had you gone to the left you would have triggered different events from the other enemies and Ellia would have followed you in that direction. But all actions outside the player were scripted, and even some actions the player took were also most likley scripted, such as right after the fight scene when he takes the club guy hostage, that was probably automated as soon as the guy jumped you (meaning that you simply can't avoid to take him hostage and strangle him once you decided to go through that door)..

Andrespetmonkey said:
Slimebeast said:

And the almighty Hideo Kojima is a liar too.

Anyone noticed how in the Jimmy demo Joel had one round before running out unlike the E3 where he had no ammo to shoot the final guy before being bricked? 

Slimebeast said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Slimebeast said:

Of course but that doesn't say it's not scripted.

You could obviously decide to not go inside the room to the right, where that guy with the club is waiting. Had you gone to the left you would have triggered different events from the other enemies and Ellia would have followed you in that direction. But all actions outside the player were scripted, and even some actions the player took were also most likley scripted, such as right after the fight scene when he takes the club guy hostage, that was probably automated as soon as the guy jumped you (meaning that you simply can't avoid to take him hostage and strangle him once you decided to go through that door)..

How do you know you cant shoot your hostage right one the spot and shoot the guy behind the couch after? We wont be able to know the possibilities until the game comes out.