By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo fans! How do you really feel about the Wii U ?

How excited are you about the Wii U ?

Super excited, Midnight purchase!!! 69 26.14%

Interested, will buy one ... 67 25.38%

Interested, might buy one eventually. 48 18.18%

Skeptical, have not seen ... 37 14.02%

Not interested...Yet 19 7.20%

Want nothing to do with it. 24 9.09%

Total:264

Ok, we know that we  Nintendo fans are probably the most loyal bunch of the gamer's communitty, Yet, Nintendo has not really been very informative when it comes down to their new console, I have read that some people are dissapointed that  Zelda, Metroid/Starfox crossover were not announced, that Miiverse has not been explained and the games that HAVE been confirmed aren't really what we wanted? is this true? How do we really feel?

Around the Network

I could care less about the GamePad controller. I buy Nintendo consoles for their first/second party games like Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Smash Bros, and so on. That is why I was excited when they announced the pro controller as that is what I will primarily use, unless a lot of games don't allow it. I'm sure there will be a lot of options for controls though. Besides that, I am happy they are catching up with their online infrastructure and making friend codes much simpler to use. If it gets more 3rd party support I will be happy, but it isn't that big of a deal for me. I mainly buy my 3rd part games on PS3 anyways.

To answer your question, I am excited and will buy one on launch day if they have black available. Otherwise I will wait until black is available. :)

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Nintendo + HD graphics?
i will sell my PC just to buy one

As long as most games can be played with the new classic controller, I'll be happy. I can toss that stupid Fischer Price tablet in a box somewhere and enjoy me some Pikmin 3!

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

To be honest, I wasn't expecting any major Nintendo franchises to be announced during E3, I will buy one day one no matter what, I am excited to see Pokemon and use that game pad with it, the whole network thing, I really dont like Xbox Live that much, I haven't bought a Live card in about 2 months, so I really dont care about the whole social gaming.

Around the Network

There's no poll option for me. I would choose "Interested, will buy one fairly soon after launch because of game lineup". It's not just first-party games that have my interest, and it's not the fact that it's Nintendo's console that makes me interested.

Aielyn said:
There's no poll option for me. I would choose "Interested, will buy one fairly soon after launch because of game lineup". It's not just first-party games that have my interest, and it's not the fact that it's Nintendo's console that makes me interested.

Option number 2 is defenitely close enough I'd say...O:)

Will get just because it's Nintendo.

Honestly at the moment i am underwhelmed by it. Nintendoland does nothing for me, lots of games that are over a year old, i am not a pikmin fan so really there is only new super mario bros u and zombie u lit of all the games showed at e3 that excite me. That being said i will still be buying the console day one if i have enough rupees saved.

Pikmin 3, Super Mario Bros U, Zombi U, are the 3 games that I am excited about, also I am very interested in Project P100, but Batman, Ninja Gaiden, really dont do anything for me, I guess I am part of the problem lol, Icaouldnt care less about third party on my Nintendo console.