By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Less Powerful Than The Nintendo WiiU? Dream On, Says Shuhei Yoshida

mantlepiecek said:

How is this arrogance? He is answering a troll question, if someone asked Iwata if Wii U will be as strong as the Wii, he may not answer it at all, but if he does it in this way I wouldn't call it arrogance at all.

It was stupid question to begin with.

It was a stupid question to begin with, followed with an arrogant reply. One doesn't excuse the other.

Around the Network

Everybody will agree with mista Yoshida san, PS4 is destined to be more powerful then WiiU, why would anyone ask that.

happydolphin said:
What arrogance. Let Yoshida dream Sony will be alive in 2016.

It's not like Sony never released a console less powerful than Nintendo. Granted, the tables have now turned (because Nintendo got smarter?), so why would you be proud of not learning from VG history is anyone's guess.

Dream on of being smart Mister Yoshida Sans

This really hit your nerve, didn't it? Did you actually expect WiiU to be even remotely anywhere near as powerful as PS4?

mantlepiecek said:
happydolphin said:
What arrogance. Let Yoshida dream Sony will be alive in 2016.

It's not like Sony never released a console less powerful than Nintendo. Granted, the tables have now turned (because Nintendo got smarter?), so why would you be proud of not learning from VG history is anyone's guess.

Dream on of being smart Mister Yoshida Sans

How is this arrogance? He is answering a troll question, if someone asked Iwata if Wii U will be as strong as the Wii, he may not answer it at all, but if he does it in this way I wouldn't call it arrogance at all.

sry but if one of the most important persons of a huge company (i believe he is? don't know him) has to answer to trolls i just have to laugh about him. since when do those important people respond to some internet trolls? poor guy

Player1x3 said:

This really hit your nerve, didn't it? Did you actually expect WiiU to be even remotely anywhere near as powerful as PS4?

It did hit my nerve, and I already explained to mantle why.

If I understand your question to mean "Did you actually expect a Nintendo console to be even remotely anywhere near as powerful as a Sony console?", you know the answer to that.

But if I take your question at face value, the asnwer is yes. The PS4 will not be much more powerful than the WiiU, just like the Cube was not much more powerful than the PS2. The PS3/360 is more like Cube to Xbox if anything. PS2 was below.

Lastly, anyone who thinks Sony will release a juggernaught is not up with the times. They cannot afford to loss-lead next gen, and the graphical edge versus production cost is increasing exponentially as we move forward. So no, I don't believe the PS4 will be much more powerful than the WiiU, and I also believe the WiiU will be mildly less powerful than the PS4.

To answer a troll, and answer it as such, Yoshida poorly answered. So much for awesomeness.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
mantlepiecek said:

sry but if one of the most important persons of a huge company (i believe he is? don't know him) has to answer to trolls i just have to laugh about him. since when do those important people respond to some internet trolls? poor guy

You can laugh about him. He is the most awesome person who is working for the PR (I think he is the PR, he has talked a lot about PS3) of any gaming company.

You guys have no idea about him, that's why you think it's arrogance, or some kind of superiority complex. The guy is one of a kind.

mantlepiecek said:

You can laugh about him. He is the most awesome person who is working for the PR (I think he is the PR, he has talked a lot about PS3) of any gaming company.

You guys have no idea about him, that's why you think it's arrogance, or some kind of superiority complex. The guy is one of a kind.

There is no doubt in my mind he is a smart man, despite my rage comment earlier.

The following in and of itself is a huge feat:

"Additionally, he was one of the initial members of the PlayStation project in February 1993, where as the lead account executive he headed Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.'s third party licensing program."

But in this specific case, even if he's one of a kind, I find his answer very arrogant, and almost insulting to a Nintendo fan. As if Nintendo was not up to Sony's standards. What the VG world has become is beyond me. If it weren't for Nintendo, Playstation would not even exist.

mantlepiecek said:
crissindahouse said:
mantlepiecek said:

no i don't think that, i just say an important guy for a huge company replying to a troll on twitter (was it twitter?) if it's about the competitors product compared to the own product is a joke if it comes to that. no clue what he is doing otherwise.

there is a reason why you don't see other companies doing it. if it would be smart, they would all do it.

crissindahouse said:
mantlepiecek said:

no i don't think that, i just say an important guy for a huge company replying to a troll on twitter (was it twitter?) if it's about the competitors product compared to the own product is a joke if it comes to that. no clue what he is doing otherwise.

there is a reason why you don't see other companies doing it. if it would be smart, they would all do it.

I don't see what's the big deal with replying to a twitter troll. He usually gives witty one line answers like he did.

well they should be more worried about the financial viability of the PS4 than it's power.... any dumbass could have said it will be more powerful than the WiiU and he would be talking less risk than crossing the road in the death valley....
but Sony can't afford the financial disaster PS3 was.... because even if they end up 2nd this generation hey are light years away from Nintendo Wii and even miles away from Microsoft XB 360 even with the RROD fiasco from a business stand point.... and for Sony a hardware company, on their 3rd iteration of a product that has been hugely successful in the past it is just unacceptable..... what is really worrying is that entire business model in the hardware sector of that company (TV, laptops, etc) suffers the exact same Business management irrationality.... like didn't see it coming or like they have no clue how to adapt to an ever changing ecosystem/market.... it's sad to witness.... and as much as I dislike Sony, I do not wish them to go bankrupt or be dismantled it wouldn't help the VG sector on the long run....