By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: Wii U is "its own generation"

WiiU shouldve come out in

2006 116 35.69%

2012 149 45.85%

show me the goddamn results 60 18.46%

Total:325

I think an HD Wii should have come out in 2009 or 2010 - when they bought out Wii Motion Plus. M+ is an improvement over the regular Wii controllers. It would have been a good time to 'refresh' the hardware a bit so it can perform in HD (and it would be nice if it could upscale Wii games - someting WiiU doesn't do.)

If it was just the WiiU today without the game pad, so the money could go into the system. They could added the 'pro' controller and could have stayed in completion with the twins and kept expanding.

But I found once I got an HD system for my HD TV I didn't like all the 'jaggys' and such. Even without the touch screen, being just HD (also for Netflix, Hulu+ etc.) I think would have extended their dominance.

Anyway, I like them and wish them well - it was hard for another system to come into my life.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

if the release date is closer than 2 years, then they are the same gen, and since WiiU and its Nintendo games will drain sales of Ps4, like Wii did took sales from Ps3, WiiU is same gen as Ps4, unless they release it too late

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

BasilZero said:
Jumpin said:
Generation is dependent on when it arrived.

I.E. Despite Arnold Schwarzenegger being much more powerful than David Bowie, they're still of the same generation.

Despite Katherine Schwarzenegger and Patrick Shriver being much less powerful than Arnold Schwarzenegger, they are still his children, and therefore the next generation.

You just compared genetic/bio generation to a generation of technology....it doesnt work like that.

Yes it does. The word generation in technology is used as an analogy to bio generation.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
BasilZero said:
Jumpin said:
Generation is dependent on when it arrived.

I.E. Despite Arnold Schwarzenegger being much more powerful than David Bowie, they're still of the same generation.

Despite Katherine Schwarzenegger and Patrick Shriver being much less powerful than Arnold Schwarzenegger, they are still his children, and therefore the next generation.

You just compared genetic/bio generation to a generation of technology....it doesnt work like that.

Yes it does. The word generation in technology is used as an analogy to bio generation.

Less powerful than Arnold?  Sounds like you are talking about my....
DEgeneration!

Will it use relays, valves or transistors? O-)

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Pre-emptive damage control for when they get their asses kicked by Wii U?

The goal-posts are in motion already!

Pretty much my thoughts on the situation.

Honestly i feel as if its fair to say that the Wii U is in a generation of its own, because its so hard to compare something like the wii products towards the hd consoles. As someone mentioned earlier it would seem that the perfect time to release Wii U as it is now around 2009-2010. I just fear that by the time the other consoles come out the Wii U will be outdated and become nowhere near as succesful as the Wii. Well hopefully i'm wrong about the prediction.