By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect is sick!

I didn't do everything but I did alot, and took my time, it's a great game, with tons of great stuff to do, it's totally worth a second play, I've just yet to do it, but I have replayed tons of scenes just to see another way of playing it out, and there is quite a bit of variety, you'll be amazed. I've spent about 30 hours my first run through.

Around the Network
Troll_Monster said:
this game should be on the wii, who wants to make a petition?

on a serious note, this game looks rather interesting and sounds like it has a very good story, although I have also read that the load times can be very long and that the game it's self is buggy and suffers from some bad frame rate drops every so often, in any case if I had a 360 then I would already be playing this game as well.

That may be so, but technical issues doesn't really make or brake an awesome game like this.

I reckon the ending was awesome. This is in my top five games ever period and its unlikely to be replaced soon

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Rocketpig had mentioned it in another post, and I further confirmed it in a Game Informer issue, but what is gonna totally rock is - the ability to use your ME 1 saves in ME 2. Sweetness!

I am picking up my second copy today, though I wish I could get the special edition version with the extras ... I can hardly wait!

Mass Effect is probably the RPG of the 2000 Decade, or atleast really, really close.

Easily in my top 3 RPGs of all time - and that's in the 100-ish RPGs I've played since 91.

Great story. Good combat. Great customization for characters. Interactive choose-your-adventure gameplay.

It's not perfect - misc. planet side quests can get mundane, and aren't uber-awesome. Some various minor glitch issues. But despite it's few drawbacks, it's incredibly great.

Everyone that's a fan of story-driven RPGs absolutely must play this game.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Mass Effect is probably the RPG of the 2000 Decade, or atleast really, really close.

Easily in my top 3 RPGs of all time - and that's in the 100-ish RPGs I've played since 91.

Great story. Good combat. Great customization for characters. Interactive choose-your-adventure gameplay.

It's not perfect - misc. planet side quests can get mundane, and aren't uber-awesome. Some various minor glitch issues. But despite it's few drawbacks, it's incredibly great.

Everyone that's a fan of story-driven RPGs absolutely must play this game.

No doubt. I love video games, but for a game to capture my attention - and make me what to replay it right after I finished it is impressive. I do tire of the same environments on the planets - the snow, the tropical, the hot and sticky-icky places - but it's still mad fun.

It's funny you'd mention 'Choose you own adventure.' I absolutely loved that book series and wishes it would come back. I want my son to experience the joys I got from reading the series.

As much as I liked Fable, Oblivion, Eternal Sonata and even Zelda, A Link to the Past, I find myself running back to Mass Effect. The only other game in my vast library I have played more is Test Drive Unlimited. 

Mass Effect truly is an amazing feat. I cannot wait for the second installment, and I pray that EA will keep their beaks out of it. Also, if they back out on their "using your ME1 save in ME2 promise," someone around me at the time will cease to be alive, because I will have killed them.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I saw a friend playing this game the other day, and i watched him play for over 4 hours the game was just that great, plus the graphics are about the best i have ever seen. He just finished his first time at 35 hours and is playing as the chick now. Its a must buy for any fan of RPG's or the Kotor series, i envy all 360 owners now.

Griffin said:
I saw a friend playing this game the other day, and i watched him play for over 4 hours the game was just that great, plus the graphics are about the best i have ever seen. He just finished his first time at 35 hours and is playing as the chick now. Its a must buy for any fan of RPG's or the Kotor series, i envy all 360 owners now.

*Faints twice*

Griffin, this is the first post I have seen where you not only didn't bash the 360 but praised one of its games. My hat's off to you, sir ... 

Ya the game is great, I'm taking my time and I'm only about 8 hrs in. Quick question do you guys stay with a set of characters you like, or rotate different characters though out the game?