By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Beautiful Red Dead Redemption Time Lapse Reminds Us Why We Want a Sequel

homer said:
Red Dead was phenomonal. Day 1 purchase for sure. BTW, how was LA Noire? I never checked that out. Is it worth a purchase as well? And Max Payne 3?

Max Payne is a good tps, most people that like tps will like it. If you want a good adult, dark story it is the way to go. I say it's latter half is rather boring, but the first two parts are great. Good dark humor. The gameplay has some glitches mostly if you take of autoaim which the game was built for in these freexe time modes that remind you of the matrix. Good multiplayer. Basically recommend it to shooter fans, and not to those who do not play many. Definantly a good game in Rockstar long line of quality, but not the best.

OT: I will be outraged if there is no more red dead it truly looks like the American West. My favorite Rockstar game this gen which already says a lot about it being great for my taste. Rockstar would be foolish not to go back to the Wild West world.

Finally, I agree with Sal. Paradise the story is closed up for Marston and would be better to have a new character and story like GTA always does.

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
smroadkill15 said:
dr3b said:
I would buy a new Red Dead game day one. Rockstar should forget about GTA, never cared about that series after vice city.

Yes, Rockstar should end their most successful franchise because you don't care for it. That makes total sense.

Made me lol, good response.

OT: I don't care for red dead redemption at all. I hated the lack of variety in gameplay and the story just dragged on, ending was terrible as well. I doubt half the people here actually saw the ending. Not much of a challenge, felt like assassin's creed ease, my first trophy in this game was a silver trophy for killing someone with a headshot without aim-assist or something.

Rockstar has very good dev, and they use really good voice actors and motion capture which makes red dead really cool at many times, without all that I wouldn't be able to go past the halfway mark.

Are you talking about the epilogue ending or the game's story mode ending? I thought the latter was awesome but found the former sucking mainly because Marston's son has an annoying voice actor.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

One of the best told stories in videogaemz. Its been 2 years? Damn time sure flies. How long did they work on the game, 4 years? Hopefully they put another Red dead game in 2014.

homer said:
mantlepiecek said:
smroadkill15 said:
dr3b said:
I would buy a new Red Dead game day one. Rockstar should forget about GTA, never cared about that series after vice city.

Yes, Rockstar should end their most successful franchise because you don't care for it. That makes total sense.

OT: I don't care for red dead redemption at all. I hated the lack of variety in gameplay and the story just dragged on, ending was terrible as well. I doubt half the people here actually saw the ending. Not much of a challenge, felt like assassin's creed ease, my first trophy in this game was a silver trophy for killing someone with a headshot without aim-assist or something.

Rockstar has very good dev, and they use really good voice actors and motion capture which makes red dead really cool at many times, without all that I wouldn't be able to go past the halfway mark.

Are you talking about the epilogue ending or the game's story mode ending? I thought the latter was awesome but found the former sucking mainly because Marston's son has an annoying voice actor.

Well, the ending in which the son is there is bad, and the ending in which the father is there is also bad.

mantlepiecek said:
homer said:

mantlepiecek said:

Well, the ending in which the son is there is bad, and the ending in which the father is there is also bad.

I disagree. I'm glad John Marston....well...no spoilers.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
homer said:

I disagree. I'm glad John Marston....well...no spoilers.

It's not what happened. It's how it happened. It was illogical. And confusing and felt forced.

Well, people I've talked to and seen on the forums either seem to think RDR was either the best thing ever or boring as hell...
The first impression I get is of the latter, with GTA IV justifying my fears.

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Well, people I've talked to and seen on the forums either seem to think RDR was either the best thing ever or boring as hell...
The first impression I get is of the latter, with GTA IV justifying my fears.

I know what you mean. I thought the game sucked for the first year I owned it. I was overwhelmed and confused, and even a little scared. After you start playing through the crummy beginning, it picks up. You start meeting interesting people and doing exciting missions. You also get a large variety of guns too. You have to power through the beginning. It makes me wish I didn't sell GTA IV because i thought that game was so BORING. I wish I powered through it to see if it got better. Quick note though, it seems like most open world games suffer from this problem. They seem to start slow, at least the ones I have played. I thought the infamous games started slow and were boring in the beginnings as well, but you really have to power through to the parts where you get cool upgrades and then the fun begins.

I thought the ending was damn good but what do i know. It is just an opinion just like other's take on it.