By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I need some help

d21lewis said:

Might I suggest Dragon's Dogma? I hear it's an okay game.

Between that and the Witcher 2 which one would you say is better? 

I've been eyeing both of them and each seems to have its own strengths.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
When I go to the middle east, I always tell myself the same thing, except I always spend time with the family instead.

You will realize a sweet truth on your trip: Family>games! Have fun!

haha I know that for sure. But don't you ever have those down times at night or in the middle of the afternoon when nothing is going on and its way too hot to go outside?

Of course I would rather be with my family and have fun but during those times its nice pop in a game and waste an hour while you wait for something to happen.

I really have enjoyed playing Skyrim for hours and hours on in, but If I were you it might be a neat time to play the Halo Champagnes from Reach through Halo: Anniversary all the way to Halo 3.

But really spend most of the time exploring a country with such a rich heritage. I grew up with friends from Iran and while I often don't agree with the government, the people I've know have always been lovely.

Have a great trip!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Barozi said:
Fallout 3, The Orange Box, Bioshock, Batman Arkham Asylum/Arkham City

Definitely not Vanquish. It's an awesome game but can be completed in 4 hours, so it's not a good choice for you.

I have the Orange Box and Bioshock but I've been interested in Batman. Of the two games which one do you think is better? Would it even make sense for me to jump into the second game without having played the first?

Mendicate Bias said:
d21lewis said:

Might I suggest Dragon's Dogma? I hear it's an okay game.

Between that and the Witcher 2 which one would you say is better? 

I've been eyeing both of them and each seems to have its own strengths.

I'm pretty sure most people would say The Witcher 2 and they'd probably be right.  I bought it the day it came out, finished one chapter and never play it again.  I'm sure it picks up but aside from the initial boobies, it bored me to sleep every time I played it.  Still, I hear nothing but good things about it.  With Dragon's Dogma (which I also bought on launch), the story is still good with some epic moments but not as prominent.  It sucked me in somehow and eventually consumed my entire life for over 65 hours.  I finally beat it a couple of days ago and I immediately started the campaign over.

For me, it's easily Dragon's Dogma but that could change when I finally decide to give The Witcher 2 another shot.  It's a case of story vs. gameplay.  Both have life changing decisions to make in their narrative, though.

Around the Network
Mendicate Bias said:
Barozi said:
Fallout 3, The Orange Box, Bioshock, Batman Arkham Asylum/Arkham City

Definitely not Vanquish. It's an awesome game but can be completed in 4 hours, so it's not a good choice for you.

I have the Orange Box and Bioshock but I've been interested in Batman. Of the two games which one do you think is better? Would it even make sense for me to jump into the second game without having played the first?

GET BOTH BATMAN GAMES!  Two of the best games you will find this generation.

Zappykins said:
I really have enjoyed playing Skyrim for hours and hours on in, but If I were you it might be a neat time to play the Halo Champagnes from Reach through Halo: Anniversary all the way to Halo 3.

But really spend most of the time exploring a country with such a rich heritage. I grew up with friends from Iran and while I often don't agree with the government, the people I've know have always been lovely.

Have a great trip!

Thank you, the country really is gorgeous. I'm not going to spend my entire time playing videogames at all. I'm going to be staying in Tehran which is the countries capital and it gets really really hot there during the day so nothing is really going on until it gets darker. Thats when I'll play for an hour or 2 when everyone is taking their afternoon nap.

I like the idea of playing through the Halo campaign though, that would be epic :)

Batman Arkham games, Binary Domain and Red Dead Redemption (Get it for the ending; the ending alone made me enjoy the game)

d21lewis said:
Mendicate Bias said:

GET BOTH BATMAN GAMES!  Two of the best games you will find this generation.

Haha I always love your advice. On a side note I just went to my cousins wedding who is a lead engine designer over at Epic games and I asked him about the next-box. He told me some really cool stuff about the dev-kits they have over at the studio. I really shouldn't be saying this but he says that the kits they have currently have 8gb of RAM but that their pushing MS for even better specs in the consoles. Thought I would share since your one of my favorite members on this website :D

These games will keep you busy for a while.

Mass Effect 3
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Borderlands(Though this is more of a multiplayer experience)
Dead Island
Witcher 2
Arkham City

Personal favorites out of those are The Witcher 2 and Deus Ex HR.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!