By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I need some help

I'm going to Iran for a month and bringing my 360 with me. Since there is no xbox live there I'm looking for a great single player game that is long enough to occupy me for my entire time there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I might even bring back a souvenier from Xerxes' palace for the lucky guy that gives me the best suggestion

List of recent games I already have;

All Halo's, Skyrim, Portal 2, Crysis 2, Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3, Assassins Creed 1&2, Mass Effect 1&2 

theres more but these are pretty much the most popular ones.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network

I sank a lot of time into Borderlands. Some people say they didn't enjoy as much without a co-op player but I loved it. I maxed out 2 characters which takes like 2 playthroughs each and then maxed out the other two characters in co-op. Fell in love with it. I would suggest you get the game of the year edition if it exists because the DLC is is great and unlocks higher level weapons. There's just something great about searching every chest and fallen enemys trying to find the next best weapon and fighting every enemy you find in order to level up. Some of the battles are rather epic as well.

If you have Mass Effect 1&2 then you have to get the 3rd as well. Buy the Batman games, Bioshock, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Vanquish, Dragon Age: Origins. These games cover every genre and are all great.

Fallout 3, The Orange Box, Bioshock, Batman Arkham Asylum/Arkham City

Definitely not Vanquish. It's an awesome game but can be completed in 4 hours, so it's not a good choice for you.

Like Voty said boarderlands like a fun two player co op that last for hours.Lf you like single player games then go for skyrim that will give tones of hours but if your visiting relatives i suggest bringing fighting or racing games because they are fun with a group.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

How about don't play any games at all? It is a vacation isn't it?

Might I suggest Dragon's Dogma? I hear it's an okay game.

When I go to the middle east, I always tell myself the same thing, except I always spend time with the family instead.

You will realize a sweet truth on your trip: Family>games! Have fun!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Mass Effect 3 would be a very good choice. You can easily play the game through twice in a row or more and each playthrough will net 25-35 hours.

Other possible games that might be good are Max Payne 3 (even though I haven't played it, I've heard nothing but good from it) The Witcher 2 (which will last a good 25-35 hours) and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (although this won't last as long)

VGKing said:
How about don't play any games at all? It is a vacation isn't it?

I'm stayin at my grandmothers place and she is in california right now so at night I'm going to have nothing to really do. The telivision channels there are horrible so sinking an hour or two into a game will help me pass the time.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers