By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Japanese consumers buy PSP?

Issun said:
In 2009, Sony will release a slimmer, lighter, smaller and cheaper version of PlayStation 3 in Japan along with Final Fantasy Versus XIII ...that is just my opinion.

As for the PSP, at least Sony earn money from every PSP and memory stick they sold.

Yeap ... thats pretty probable . And it will probably cost only ~ 300$ ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

because they already have a NDS :p

matheousse said:
because they already have a NDS :p

Thats true , but luckily it seems that the PSP has enough marketplace to , because its still selling pretty damn well , especially hardware wise :)

Because the psp is going to have kh:bbs.

@Lyngyis : Panasonic, Sharp and Pioneer make the best HDTVs, though the Bravia is not so bad.
Panasonic and Canon make the best Cameras. Sony's cameras suck.
Canon, Panasonic and Sony make the best videocams, you have a point here.

Around the Network
kuraobi said:
@Lyngyis : Panasonic, Sharp and Pioneer make the best HDTVs, though the Bravia is not so bad.
Panasonic and Canon make the best Cameras. Sony's cameras suck.
Canon, Panasonic and Sony make the best videocams, you have a point here.

The bolded ones are are pretty much sensless , saying that Sharp HDTVs are better than Bravias ... well I cant bealive that you even dare saying that ... luckily I and many other had chances to try out both types , and we can decide on our own ... Pioneer is far from good either ( color issue problems anyone ? ) . Also , WTF is with your Panasonic mania , they are good , but IMO not more can be stated about them ... yes they are good , but not best , at basicly nothing ...

Panasonic used to make the best plasmas, but Pioneer's KURO screens are the best right now (they cost more than 3000$ though). For LCDs, Sharp is the best though the latest bravias are quite good too. But LCD << Plasma.

Panasonic DOES make the best cameras, It's been so since the good old FX7. Most of Canon Ixus cameras are good too, and they're still ruling for the reflexs. Most of Sony's cameras are bad.

Panasonic is overall the best brand right now in electronics, most of people know that.

wenlan said:
totalwar23 said:
65% for slim?
So, if MS releases a Xbox360 Slim that's the same size as the Wii, Japan would be eating it all up?

For a mobile device, the size is very critical in Asia. This principle also applies to the home gaming consoles, particularly in Japan. Most of the Japanese don't have that much free space at home. I can't speak for Xbox360, but I do know a lot of friends of mine are waiting for the Slim PS3. The current model is so bulky, in my opinion.

I like the size of the PS3. I know that if anyone breaks into my house and I don't have time to get to my .38, instead I can just bludgeon them to death with my 40 lb. PS3.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

The Japanese buys the PSP to play cracked games or MHP2.

The same reason most people buy a PSP, to watch videos and music.