By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shhh, Sony Has 20+ Unannounced Exclusives

i know that t-whatever.. this is just for all the naysayers like weezy and yourself who think otherwise.. that sony is only coming out with games they already announced... amazingly people do think that.. ill give you a link to his post and others if needed...

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network
URNotE said:
i know that t-whatever.. this is just for all the naysayers like weezy and yourself who think otherwise.. that sony is only coming out with games they already announce amazingly people do think that.. ill give you a link to his post and others if needed...

Whenhave I said that Sony has nothing in the works-- I expect every console, even the PSP, to have a good number of exclusives and non-exclusives in the works? how many of those will see the light of day? Not quite all of them, but they all have games in the works.

Mind you when I talk about lineups I only talk about projects that are actually named and have firm release dates less than a year away.

Bah. The whole "Team ICO is working on two games!" rumor started way back in May.

However, I'm sure Sony has loads of games in the works that we don't know about.  Team ICO's project(s) have yet to be announced, along Zipper Interactive's, the Ape Escaped dev's, Incognito's next game, Naughty Dog's next game, etc.  Even God of War III hasn't been "officially" announced.  Sony has a lot on the way, but considering how large SCE is, it is not unexpected. 

Sony's internal franchises have always been numerous, and it seems strange to think that those would disappear just because the ps3 isn't selling so hot.  These aren't 3rd party devs, they're owned by Sony.

tombi123 said:
@weezy

They have already announced enough big games this year to get most gamers excited. They already have a much more promising line up than the 360 and possibly the Wii in 08.

If true this would be amazing! Two games from Team ICO!! Oh my God!! One question; are all these unannounced games coming out in 08?

Given that there's about a 3 year dev cycle on games, I'd expect about 5-10 of these unannounced projects to be released in '08.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

HappySqurriel said:

Being that Nintendo will (likely) release between 15 and 20 games for the Wii in 2008, with between 15 and 20 games for the Wii in 2009, and the fact that it will (typically) take between 12 and 24 months to develop their games who wants to bet that Nintendo has over 20 unannounced exclusive games in development?

They suggested for 2008 however.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
URNotE said:
i know that t-whatever.. this is just for all the naysayers like weezy and yourself who think otherwise.. that sony is only coming out with games they already announce amazingly people do think that.. ill give you a link to his post and others if needed...

Whenhave I said that Sony has nothing in the works-- I expect every console, even the PSP, to have a good number of exclusives and non-exclusives in the works? how many of those will see the light of day? Not quite all of them, but they all have games in the works.

Mind you when I talk about lineups I only talk about projects that are actually named and have firm release dates less than a year away.

i stand corrected but that still doesnt excuse others...

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Man o' man I love how this site works sometimes :P

1.)Sony Fanboy: Yeah the PS3 lineups going to be sick in 08!!!!!

2.)Naysayer: Meh the others will be better because unlike Sony, the Wii and 360 still have some cards up there sleeves

3.)Sony Fanboy: Yeah well MGS, Killzone2, etc etc etc etc etc etc

4.)Naysayer: meh, I'm still more interested in what the other two will do, your ps3rdplace is teh sux

5.)Sony Fanboy: Dude! On top of what's already anounced, Sony has 20 more UNANNOUNCED exclusives!!!!

6.)Naysayer: Well holy shit, like thats news, they all do dumbass ahhahahahahahahaha (See comment 2) 

ANYWAY, wtf with all the Wii news in here :P Last time I checked Wii exclusives were exclusives for obvious reasons. I don't even put those two in the same category of gaming anymore >_> Anytime I hear the term exclusive I just think between the 360 and PS3. I put HD and SD games in different categorys. So from what I gather, if any of this is true, on top of the several Juggernauts ALREADY planned on the PS3 this year, they have 20 more exclusives un-known? Thats great news for the PS3. Of course every console has exclusives, we just all assumed that since Sony's been chatting up a storm about how great there 2008 lineup is, that the well was dry beyond that. Good to know it's not :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

I don't think the majority of users on here know anything about the upcoming Sony exclusives, alot of talking with nothing to really back it up...use google, god knows the majority of you live online as it is..

@chronotrigger

your six points sum up exactly what I was thinking

wow!

Like Nobody knew, that in next 1-1,5 PS3 will have OVER 150 EXCLUSIVE total by that time?

Damn, really Nobody? =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far