By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's stock rises after E3 Conference

kowenicki said:
Record low a possibility today. Juts shows how little gaming journalists know and readily gaming fans will B_E_L_I_E_V_E them.

They operate in a bubble where all this stuff actually matters to the markets.... it doesn't.

Fundamentals do. The fundamentals for Sony are horrible.... E3 cant change that, nor can any other gaming announcement in the next 12 months.

fixed

Around the Network

@HappyD: Lol!

OT:

From what I can see they're lowest point today was $12.75? If sony doesn't bring positive news within the next 2 Quarters they could take a consistent dip below the 10B market cap... :(

kowenicki said:

Sony's stock has risen because the markets are rising and because the yen weakened a tad... bugger all to do with E3 and to say otherwise is ludicrous. It has performed slightly better than the market in the last few days but given the massive underperformance over the last 18 months its hardly a result.  The writers on these gaming websites (and many of the gaming forum posters) vastly over estimate the reaction the markets will have to small bit of news regarding just the Playstation arena.... Sony is much bigger than just Playstation.  This is just frippery, currency movements and the global economy massively outweigh what a small conference about some new games will do.

Back to the stock price....

Just down the 45% for the last 12 months now then.

Still down a massive 30% since the Kaz way forward speech.... less than 2 months ago!

Basically the stock price has "rocketed" back up to where it was on the 29th May.... woohoo.

Get ready for some awful investor and press reaction when they miss their financial targets again.

People overreact after every little drop. It's nice to celebrate an increase.

Don't be a party pooper.

it this still the sony discusson?

i guess that's good, for those of us who have invested in their stock.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
mysticwolf said:
i guess that's good, for those of us who have invested in their stock.

er... did you read the latest posts?

Maybe I should have... it seems like things have changed lol

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

The stockholders must have like the Wonderbook!