By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's stock rises after E3 Conference

Looking forward to the financial results for the quarter coming late July, time to see if they've even come close to some of their goals.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Kresnik said:

I love Kaz.

Also, I love how Kowenicki is getting his knickers in a twist trying to explain that "ITS NOTHING TO DO WITH E3!!!".

The title of the article just reads "Sony stock rises after E3 conference". I know they hint at it having something to do with E3 (Wonderbook, lol) in the article (it's a Playstation website after all!), but it doesn't say "Sony stock rises because of E3 conference", so you can put your pants back on for the time being and ready your pitchfork for another day, which I'm sure is coming - don't you worry

come on.... the article is more than implying it is as a result of the E3 conference.

anyway... stock price is down today in a rising market... so this thread jinxed it.

Nono, I know that's what the article is saying.  I've been on this website for less than a month, but I can already tell that if there were any kind of thread about Sony stock on these forums, you'd be there posting the thread (if it were down) or disagreeing with a thread (if it were up).  Was just pretty funny seeing how quickly you got in on this one!

edit: apparently, I've been on here for more than a month.  I should really start keeping track of what date it is.

kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
Make.Believe

it sure is.

Bahaha

kowenicki said:
Kresnik said:

I love Kaz.

Also, I love how Kowenicki is getting his knickers in a twist trying to explain that "ITS NOTHING TO DO WITH E3!!!".

The title of the article just reads "Sony stock rises after E3 conference". I know they hint at it having something to do with E3 (Wonderbook, lol) in the article (it's a Playstation website after all!), but it doesn't say "Sony stock rises because of E3 conference", so you can put your pants back on for the time being and ready your pitchfork for another day, which I'm sure is coming - don't you worry

come on.... the article is more than implying it is as a result of the E3 conference.

anyway... stock price is down today in a rising market... so this thread jinxed it.

even if the article wasnt implying it (even blind freddy can see it), the OP sure was.

Kresnik said:
kowenicki said:
Kresnik said:

I love Kaz.

Nono, I know that's what the article is saying.  I've been on this website for less than a month, but I can already tell that if there were any kind of thread about Sony stock on these forums, you'd be there posting the thread (if it were down) or disagreeing with a thread (if it were up).  Was just pretty funny seeing how quickly you got in on this one!

edit: apparently, I've been on here for more than a month.  I should really start keeping track of what date it is.

You should hang around a little longer before making a judgment like that. Kowenicki makes very good points in ALL threads about financials, i think it interest him. Even in this very thread the points he made were accurite and correct. Its not to do with good or bad news, its just news and he makes very valid comments on it. At least from what I have seen over the years.

On a side note, i was hoping to buy some sony stock before e3 as i think it has to start going back up eventually. I thought e3 may be the start but looks like i still got some time.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Kresnik said:
kowenicki said:
Kresnik said:

I love Kaz.

well now...

I posted a thread not to long ago when the yen was weakening and the ninty and sony price was rising where the headline and topic were all about how this was good and welcome news for Sony and that the share price was rising.

Try harder..  or you'll just come off as another paranoid poster seeing things that arent there.

Its quite difficult to post a posititve financial thread for Sony... you know... seeing as there hasnt been any positive financial aspects for sony for 4 years.

Yep, well you've got other people defending your corner here so perhaps I was being a little over-zealous - again, I have only been here for a month, and in that month I've seen you post multiple doomsaying threads/posts about Sony.  Things are bad, I don't disagree - but seeing it be hammered home every few days by you just seems un-necessary.  But if you say you posted a positive thread about them not long ago and that I missed, I have no reason not to believe you :)

In any case, sorry.  Perhaps I was a little hasty to judge.

kowenicki said:
Kresnik said:
kowenicki said:
Kresnik said:
kowenicki said:
Kresnik said:

I love Kaz.

well now...

I posted a thread not to long ago when the yen was weakening and the ninty and sony price was rising where the headline and topic were all about how this was good and welcome news for Sony and that the share price was rising.

Try harder..  or you'll just come off as another paranoid poster seeing things that arent there.

Its quite difficult to post a posititve financial thread for Sony... you know... seeing as there hasnt been any positive financial aspects for sony for 4 years.

Yep, well you've got other people defending your corner here so perhaps I was being a little over-zealous - again, I have only been here for a month, and in that month I've seen you post multiple doomsaying threads/posts about Sony.  Things are bad, I don't disagree - but seeing it be hammered home every few days by you just seems un-necessary.  But if you say you posted a positive thread about them not long ago and that I missed, I have no reason not to believe you :)

In any case, sorry.  Perhaps I was a little hasty to judge.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=137286&page=1

as it turns out it was a false dawn.. but i didnt know that when i started the thread.

That thread should also remind you what the main driver of sony and nintendo and many japanese companies is going to be and thats the Yen, during the spring when the japanese government was printing money left and right you saw stocks in japan rise, once the Yen strengethen again, breaking below the lows even set back in November, the stocks adjusted accordingly. 

Well, it's not really a result, but it's a start I suppose.

kowenicki said:

Sony's stock has risen because the markets are rising and because the yen weakened a tad... bugger all to do with E3 and to say otherwise is ludicrous. It has performed slightly better than the market in the last few days but given the massive underperformance over the last 18 months its hardly a result.  The writers on these gaming websites (and many of the gaming forum posters) vastly over estimate the reaction the markets will have to small bit of news regarding just the Playstation arena.... Sony is much bigger than just Playstation.  This is just frippery, currency movements and the global economy massively outweigh what a small conference about some new games will do.

Back to the stock price....

Just down the 45% for the last 12 months now then.

Still down a massive 30% since the Kaz way forward speech.... less than 2 months ago!

Basically the stock price has "rocketed" back up to where it was on the 29th May.... woohoo.

Get ready for some awful investor and press reaction when they miss their financial targets again.

QFT

This is correct,Sony stock is going down now and so is nintendo.

Ouch, started the day down 3.7%.