By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How strong are you?

Mummelmann said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
is that a typo where it says "the average norweigen man would be around 1.77 centimetres of height"

seems kinda short...

In the fifties, that was the case, but they're 182 centimeters now. The global average is slightly under 170 as far as I know.

I think the comment was in reference to "1.77 cm". It should be 1.77 metres. Just as an aside, what is a "good" height to be in Norway? In the USA being 6 foot tall (about 1.82m) is generally considered a good height for men. 

Around the Network

I do some kind of labour work (For Quicksilver) ^^'' Makes me that strong lol?

fkusumot said:
Mummelmann said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
is that a typo where it says "the average norweigen man would be around 1.77 centimetres of height"

seems kinda short...

In the fifties, that was the case, but they're 182 centimeters now. The global average is slightly under 170 as far as I know.

I think the comment was in reference to "1.77 cm". It should be 1.77 metres. Just as an aside, what is a "good" height to be in Norway? In the USA being 6 foot tall (about 1.82m) is generally considered a good height for men.

Ah, I see...   A good height? Hmm, well the average man is about 6' here. Anywhere between 190 and 185 is considered tall and hence, good, I suppose. I'm a bit too tall for practical reasons (driving, standing on the bus, trying on clothes in a small booth) and I'm 193 centimeters.

The chinese are actually getting a bit taller too, I have a friend from Bejing who said that the peoples of east China are his height on average (174 centimeters), which is a good 2" above global average. 

konnichiwa said:
I do some kind of labour work (For Quicksilver) ^^'' Makes me that strong lol?

Any and all labour work is good for building muscle. The strongest men from my county are men in their fiftes who worked at the docks loading and unloading cargo for years! One of them, named Ottar, could actually lift a tiedown iron ball up to his stomach! (Those iron balls weigh in at over 200 kg's, sometimes 240 depending on which ships are moored usually).