By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How strong are you?

Mummelmann said:
Duke Of Darkness said:
Surprising as we Norwigians are true vikings, I bet norway is still on the top lists anyway.

Probably, strength-wise. Norwegians and Icelandic people are the biggest in the world after all! But still; kind of sad...

Aren't the Dutch the tallest in the world? That was the case last I checked.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Mummelmann said:
Duke Of Darkness said:
Surprising as we Norwigians are true vikings, I bet norway is still on the top lists anyway.

Probably, strength-wise. Norwegians and Icelandic people are the biggest in the world after all! But still; kind of sad...

Aren't the Dutch the tallest in the world? That was the case last I checked.

Perhaps, but not in girth (we are very broad at chest and shoulders).

allstarr35 said:
TheBigFatJ said:
allstarr35 said:
men of today
dead lift of 120 kilos about 264.5 pounds i think
squat (deep) 70 kilos about 154 pounds i think

men of the 50's
dead lift of 140 kilos about 309 pounds i think
squat nearly 95 kilos 209 pounds i think

i don't know if these are right but if they are then i think i tie men of 50's in dead lifts. I don't do too much of those anymore, but everything else I own.

Don't forget that those are deep squats. I rarely see people do proper squats when I'm at the gym, but you are supposed to go down until your butt is about 12 inches from the ground and your quads are parallel to the ground. Literally all of the way down. Anyone serious about lifting heavy will do squats regularly, and they'll do them right. They're the most important single lift in any routine.

154 pounds for someone who is untrained is not surprising to me. If you took someone who could properly squat one rep at 155 pounds and gave them a couple of months to practice, they'd likely be capable of doing sets of 225 by the end of that period.

I'm not particularly big (about 164 pounds) but I was doing 225 for 4 sets of 8 reps after a few months of training, and I started around 155.

I do the real squats where you make a 90 degree angels I've gone over 400+ but i cheated, meaning it was a real deep squat so yeah... Also I'm about 5' 10'' 165-170 on a good day but i've been lifting for a good 8 years.

That's very good considering your weight! I've only been training seriously for a year or so, and even though some of my lifts may seem impressive to some, they're really not that good considering my weight...

I haven't tried any max lifts in a few months, but I reckon I could do about 330 in deep squats, close to 400 deadlift and probably somewhere between 280 and 300 pounds bench. Bear in mind though that I weigh over 250 pounds myself! So my relative strength is not that good, but it's getting better every week!

PS: Glad to see there are some other geeks who work out as well!

gebx said:
Humans are evolving into a lesser being...

The problem started when they invented warning labels. Any idiot who thinks that liquor, medicine and driving should be mixed deserves to die and not reproduce... same with the "Do not submerge" items with power coords attached.

Burn all warning labels and let time sort things out... it would be a better world.

Haha I hate things like that... packets of nuts that say "may contain nuts" or usage instructions on a fly-swatter. And serving suggestions!... the bottle of mayo we have at the moment has a picture of some carrot sticks with mayonaise on claiming it to be a serving suggestion! wtf?

TWRoO said:
gebx said:
Humans are evolving into a lesser being...

The problem started when they invented warning labels. Any idiot who thinks that liquor, medicine and driving should be mixed deserves to die and not reproduce... same with the "Do not submerge" items with power coords attached.

Burn all warning labels and let time sort things out... it would be a better world.

Haha I hate things like that... packets of nuts that say "may contain nuts" or usage instructions on a fly-swatter. And serving suggestions!... the bottle of mayo we have at the moment has a picture of some carrot sticks with mayonaise on claiming it to be a serving suggestion! wtf?

I once bought a 15" frisbee in a local store (manufactured in the states) and it had a label saying "Swallowing hazard, keep away from children under the age of 3"...  Only Bongoman's (look it up on youtube) son could do that. And all kinds of chemicals to waterproof shoes, jackets or things always say "Do not eat"

Around the Network

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:

Jesus... And those aren't even bad ones!!

is that a typo where it says "the average norweigen man would be around 1.77 centimetres of height"

seems kinda short...

--OkeyDokey-- said:
is that a typo where it says "the average norweigen man would be around 1.77 centimetres of height"

seems kinda short...

In the fifties, that was the case, but they're 182 centimeters now. The global average is slightly under 170 as far as I know.

ArtofAngels said:
This is the first step for us humans to look like skinny aliens, it's going to happen, aliens are just humans in the future because their high technology based lives don't require much use of their muscles.

The only alien we'll look like is Jabba the Hutt. That's the way we're going.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.